“modern design, super clean!”

Ranked #48 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 November 2013

It was a bit confused and funny. At first we went to Crowne Plaza Hong Kong at causeway bay. Upon check in, we found out that our reservation was not in the system. Then the front desk officer has told us that , there are 2 Crowne Plaza Hotel in HK, another one is at Kowloon East. So with a help from the staff at Crowne Plaza Hong Kong causeway bay we took a cab and went to Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East. It took us about 1 and half hour from Causeway bay.

The hotel was next to the shopping mall , and really near to MTR (MTR was located in the shopping mall , it takes only 5 min from the hotel to the MTR). Although it sound too far from Central, but they had a great MTR.It is really convenient. You no need to worries about the transportation to the causeway bay/HK city. Food/ restaurant , supermarket, even movie theatre was all in the shopping mall.

The room was awesome!. It is a medium room, modern design, super clean. The view from our room was not bad. Everything was perfect in the room. It was a great experience and we really enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed in both this Crowne Plaza and the Holiday Inn Express next door during this trip and I have to say that though the Crowne Plaza is very good, the HIE offers better value. Both are out of the city center and a 20 minutes MTR ride to Central. Both are new and modern, sitting on top of the shopping mall and MTR station. The Crowne Plaza offers better appointed rooms which are spacious by Hong Kong standards and the staff try to make you feel that you are in a 5-stars facility. For the price, this is a good deal. The thing I don't like is that they try to make up for the lower price (compared to other HK hotels) by charging a lot of money for breakfast and in-room WiFi. But don't worry, the mall downstairs has many restaurants including a Starbucks, and free WiFi is available in the lobby or in the mall. My advice is don't eat in the hotel, just go to the mall.

Room Tip: If you get a room facing and close to the Holiday Inn Express rooms, you can get connected to the fr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AllanChg
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was staying in Holiday Inn express earlier, just wanted to check out Crowne Plaza as well so shifted and the Hotel was great and the room was awesome, big in size, all facilities in room & hotel, room worth money, Swimming pool, sauna room, terrace and restarent all were great.
Hotel next to MTR.

Room Tip: Great hotel for honeymoon couples and businessman.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family in November 2013. Its a fairly new hotel with a stone throw distance from MTR and Popcorn Mall. Rooms are modern. Not very central to major attractions.

I booked this hotel after checking reviews on Trip Advisor and I was expecting a lot but I was disappointed. When I checked into my room it had bad sewerage smell. After complaining my room was changed and they offered me 2 pieces of fruit with water and a apology note for inconvenience they had caused. (Belive me I have seen a lot better hospitality than this). Any way I kept my positive. On second night my air con broke!! And you guessed it right they offered me room swap again at 1.30 am at night. Today is my last night here. I hope they pick up their game.

Not sure if I was unlucky or this is the norm at this Hotel.

4  Thank Pallav A
Carlos S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Pallav A

Thank you for spending your valuable time to share your experience at Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East. Please accept our sincere apologies with regards to the experience you encountered while staying with us.

Please consider this as an isolated incident, it does not reflect the high standard of room comfort we are known for. Please accept our heartfelt apologies regarding the bad sewage smell and the malfunction of air conditioner, remedial actions have been taken immediately. Also, maintenance will be conducted on a regular basis to ensure such experience to avoid re-occurrence in the future.

We hope that there will be another opportunity for us to renew your experience at our hotel and looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked 2 Club Rooms for a Nov. 4-7 stay with another couple. From check in (in the 47th floor lounge), we were treated to stellar service throughout our stay. The rooms are very well designed, appointed, and were spotless. Soundproof, with excellent mattresses and bedding. Club rooms include a full buffet breakfast (excellent!); afternoon tea; and a nice long happy hour with a nice selection of hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. The location was fine for our needs, away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. The MTR subway system is efficient and easy to use, attached to the mall, just a hop from the hotel (protected from the elements). We were very pleased with the service from all departments. The concierge service was super. If you don't mind a 20-25 minute commute to Central station, this is a perfect pick for your Hong Kong Hotel. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for the Club level room. The extras are more than worth the slightly higher cost.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

At Hong Kong most of the hotel are not cheap n room size is very small. I saw this hotel right before I want to book the L hotel. The room size of 32 m2 is definitely meet my needs where I bring my 2 kids (5, 2) at the time of traveling. This hotel is within 5 minutes walk to Cheongsam Kwan o MTR station. On top of that, there were 3 shopping mall connected attached to the hotel building.

They have a very nice pool ( I can see from my room) but unfortunately it was raining almost everyday when I was there. I stay 4 nights here.

Weaknesses I can think of is the distance from the main city centre and got no free shuttle bus to tourism attraction.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank ngengkiang
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I wanted to be a bit out of the way so that I could have a quieter time during the Fair season. The club floor was very good when my schedule allowed me to use it and the breakfast was also very good compared to other hotels in a similar price bracket.

If you are happy using the MTR, the CP TKO gives you a grade up for the price of a much lower grade hotel in a more central area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business