“A Nice, Clean, Modern Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East
Ranked #47 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Arlington, Texas
“A Nice, Clean, Modern Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Last month my wife and I visited Hong Kong to see her father, and with space being so limited in homes we decided to find a hotel. Since my wife is a Platinum member with IHG we wanted to stay at one of their chains. This hotel fit the bill because it was close to her father and did not break us on points, not to mention is was very close to the MTR stop "Tseung Kwan O" which was located in the Popcorn mall (a very nice mall). Check in was quick and the staff was friendly and helpful. What we loved about this hotel was that it was clean, nicely decorated, and my wife appreciated having a full size blow dryer. The service was good on every level and the grounds were very beautiful with some great views from the terrace. I lowered the review for a couple of reasons. First, the lights in the room require the key card be entered into a card slot in order to say on. Having to leave your key card in the card slot to keep the lights on was both annoying and even caused me to lock myself out of my room a couple times. Luckily the cleaning lady was nearby to let me back in to get my key. Another thing that we did not care for is the lack privacy the privacy shade provided in the bathroom. It reminded me of a Roman shade which provides only partial privacy (it can be seen through). Also, because it was raining the day we checked out my wife had the hotel call us a cab to take us to the airport due to the long cab line, unfortunately we believe the bell boy turned our first cab away and once we realized this we had to call a second cab which nearly caused us to miss our flight. Aside from that this will probably be our hotel of choice next time we are in Hong Kong due to its convenience, comfort, and affordability. It may not be close to all the attractions, but it is conveniently located next to the "Tseung Kwan O" MTR station, a very nice mall, and it's close to my wifes father.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dblev76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic venue. Located very handy and close to MTR (Tseung Kwan O) station. Reasonably priced with good sized rooms. Peaceful and quiet. Very clean and modern. Service is second to none. Concierge - Vincent Tong very very helpful, professional, and friendly. Food at restaurant on site is excellent.
Can't speak highly enough about this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Milano Marittima, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

the hotel is location is very located for those that are seeking rather quiet travel. there is a metro that connects the hotel and large shopping mall located right connecting the hotel. it has easy access to central, causeway bay and TST. we used the chinese restaurant in the hotel for dinner and the course was very good. the staff, hotel location, cleanness and service is very good. highly recommend this hotel to those who are traveling even for short stay in hong kong.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank passi0ntraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a week and thought the hotel was excellent! The hotel is located a bit further out of Hong Kong however this didn't bother us as the MTR is located right next to the hotel and was very easy to use! The hotel is immaculately presented and our room was great! We had a standard room with a king size bed, separate bath and walk in shower which was amazing! I couldn't fault the room, it was perfect for us! The buffet breakfast of a morning was great, good selection of food, eggs cooked to order and cafe coffee! Staff are very friendly and helpful. We were also given a cake on my husbands birthday which was left as a gift in the room! The only downside for us was that the pool isn't heated and was too cold for me to use during the stay however I did have a relaxing bath in my room instead. If you want a five star first class experience at an excellent price and don't mind staying a bit further out of central Hong Kong this is the place for you!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

For past ten yrs. I spent over 30 wks. a year in hotel rooms around the World and I am pretty confident when I say Crowne Plaza HK Kowloon East is the best hotel for me. Rooms are great and staffs are very friendly and helpful.
B'fast is excellent and gym and swimming pool are also good (need to pool heater for colder days)
I always stay at this hotel when I visit Hk for past year.
I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Hee june C
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel staff were very welcoming upon arrival. The room itself was not only spaciously set out; but also had a lovely view of the surrounding buildings and schools - at night time, it was spectacular!

We stayed in a Superior Room located on the 20th floor and there were no complaints to be made. The room contained a mini fridge, kettle and in room safe. The bedroom came with a King sized bed upon request (the bedding was very comfortable) and the bathroom contained a bathtub, shower (in its own cubicle complete with rain shower head and hand held shower head), toilet (in its own cubicle) and well lit basin mirror along with a circle mirror for make-up lovers! Toiletries were restocked every day. The room also featured multiple light functions - including reading lights, mood lights and night lights.

The room attendants were lovely and went above and beyond our expectations in servicing our rooms when we were present and when we were not.

Conveniently located beside the Popcorn MTR mall, food, medicine and groceries were readily accessible. The Tseung Kwan O MTR station is directly linked through the mall and trains are very frequent through the station. Catching the MTR was a definite must have experience and travelling home late was not an issue with the connecting mall being well lit with security guards patrolling the area.

The hotel sky bar had an amazing view looking over the surrounding area with a nice selection of drinks. 5 out of 5 experience and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The superior room and deluxe room have the same layout. The superior rooms range from level 7 - 20...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tweety D
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stay at Crowne Plaza as I have free night towards my IHG rewards card and
I make real selection.Hotel is a little away from the City centre but very quiet and
comfortable.Everything nice here.Room very spacious for Hong Kong standards
bathroom well sized,bed comfort great.
There is a wonderfull restaurant on the roof with amazing view.
Breakfast really rich and tasty.
My choice when in Hong Kong

Room Tip: Ask higher floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business