“can't complain”

Ranked #45 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed for 1 night in May 2014. Located right on the subway line, makes for easy transportation even though the hotel is away from the downtown area. Great room (clean and sizable), pool, and facilities. Overall service was decent. Staff was polite but didn't seem very happy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canucker1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I met some friends who were guests at the hotel for a drink at the elegant cielo lounge. We had a toddler as part of our party so a table was moved to accomodate her stroller. After the child was put to bed one of the managers seemed to take exception to the fact that the table was moved, and made this known to all of us by fuming profanities under his breath and aggressively forcing the table back into its original location. Our glasses were rattling and so were we! He was probably having a bad day but pretty unprofessional nonetheless...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catherine D
Carlos S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Catherine D

Thank you for visiting our Italian restaurant, Cielo. Please accept our apologies for the experience your encountered.

Regarding the attitude of frontline staff, please consider this as an isolated incident, it does not reflect the high standard of quality service we are known for. We already briefed and provided training to our frontline staff to maintain the high service quality standard and we will further improve our professional attitude in order to ensure such experiences will not recur in the future. Please do not hesitate to provide your visit details via info@cptko.com for further investigation.

We hope to have another opportunity for us to renew your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Last month my wife and I visited Hong Kong to see her father, and with space being so limited in homes we decided to find a hotel. Since my wife is a Platinum member with IHG we wanted to stay at one of their chains. This hotel fit the bill because it was close to her father and did not break us on points, not to mention is was very close to the MTR stop "Tseung Kwan O" which was located in the Popcorn mall (a very nice mall). Check in was quick and the staff was friendly and helpful. What we loved about this hotel was that it was clean, nicely decorated, and my wife appreciated having a full size blow dryer. The service was good on every level and the grounds were very beautiful with some great views from the terrace. I lowered the review for a couple of reasons. First, the lights in the room require the key card be entered into a card slot in order to say on. Having to leave your key card in the card slot to keep the lights on was both annoying and even caused me to lock myself out of my room a couple times. Luckily the cleaning lady was nearby to let me back in to get my key. Another thing that we did not care for is the lack privacy the privacy shade provided in the bathroom. It reminded me of a Roman shade which provides only partial privacy (it can be seen through). Also, because it was raining the day we checked out my wife had the hotel call us a cab to take us to the airport due to the long cab line, unfortunately we believe the bell boy turned our first cab away and once we realized this we had to call a second cab which nearly caused us to miss our flight. Aside from that this will probably be our hotel of choice next time we are in Hong Kong due to its convenience, comfort, and affordability. It may not be close to all the attractions, but it is conveniently located next to the "Tseung Kwan O" MTR station, a very nice mall, and it's close to my wifes father.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dblev76
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Fantastic venue. Located very handy and close to MTR (Tseung Kwan O) station. Reasonably priced with good sized rooms. Peaceful and quiet. Very clean and modern. Service is second to none. Concierge - Vincent Tong very very helpful, professional, and friendly. Food at restaurant on site is excellent.
Can't speak highly enough about this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

the hotel is location is very located for those that are seeking rather quiet travel. there is a metro that connects the hotel and large shopping mall located right connecting the hotel. it has easy access to central, causeway bay and TST. we used the chinese restaurant in the hotel for dinner and the course was very good. the staff, hotel location, cleanness and service is very good. highly recommend this hotel to those who are traveling even for short stay in hong kong.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank passi0ntraveler
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a week and thought the hotel was excellent! The hotel is located a bit further out of Hong Kong however this didn't bother us as the MTR is located right next to the hotel and was very easy to use! The hotel is immaculately presented and our room was great! We had a standard room with a king size bed, separate bath and walk in shower which was amazing! I couldn't fault the room, it was perfect for us! The buffet breakfast of a morning was great, good selection of food, eggs cooked to order and cafe coffee! Staff are very friendly and helpful. We were also given a cake on my husbands birthday which was left as a gift in the room! The only downside for us was that the pool isn't heated and was too cold for me to use during the stay however I did have a relaxing bath in my room instead. If you want a five star first class experience at an excellent price and don't mind staying a bit further out of central Hong Kong this is the place for you!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

For past ten yrs. I spent over 30 wks. a year in hotel rooms around the World and I am pretty confident when I say Crowne Plaza HK Kowloon East is the best hotel for me. Rooms are great and staffs are very friendly and helpful.
B'fast is excellent and gym and swimming pool are also good (need to pool heater for colder days)
I always stay at this hotel when I visit Hk for past year.
I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family