Stayed here for 7 days during the busy HK Jewelery Fair (late September). I prefer to stay on the Kowloon side (where this hotel is located), albeit HKCEC convention center is opposite on HK island. Really cannot fault this hotel for anything. I stayed on the club level which was nice. These rooms have apparently been upgraded beyond the standard accommodations, so I can’t comment on the regular guestrooms. Nice evening hors d'oeuvres and continental breakfast in the club lounge. Don't know how much extra this privilege costs, as I was on business...but I would imagine it could be a worthwhile supplement (esp. for 2 people) if priced at or below US $50/day. The greatest thing about this hotel is their location. While I don't do my shopping on Nathan Road (don’t fall for the hecklers on Nathan Rd…although SAM’S TAILOR SHOP (yellow sign on Nathan Rd) is very good and reasonably priced), you are literally right across the street from the MRT (tube) station. Alternately, you can walk to the Star Ferry (10-15 minute casual walk) and take the scenic route to HK island via the harbor ferry. Buy an Octopus card and you'll be all set for boats, trains and Airport Express. There is a minimum initial deposit of HK $150 required, but you will blow through this quick enough if you do any amount of moving about during your stay. It's also nice that they allow you to cash out at the end of your trip...in case you have extra money left on your Octopus. Only complaint is that in-room internet is not free (not even in Club level rooms). Again, since I was on business, this was not a big deal to me...but I resent any hotel that feels it necessary to nickel and dime its guests to death. Most Holiday Inn's have free internet, so not sure why this one is an exception. There are 2 PC workstations in the club lounge with free i-net for those without laptops. Staff attitude is generally very polite, although at times a bit stiff (I'm referring specifically to the club lounge staff). This is a nice hotel, but certainly not the Ritz or Shangri-la...so please drop the fussy attitudes (there was one lady at the club lounge desk in particular who was a real piece of work...they should force her to undergo attitude adjustment therapy of some kind.) I wrote this off to typical Hong Kong arrogance, so no big deal to me. Housekeeping staff was superb, as was the concierge. Just beware of high hotel prices during conventions. I think my executive club room was priced around HK 1600 (quite good!)...however, I recently looked into booking the same room for October and the lowest rate is nearly HK 3600! Forget it, for that price I will take my business to the Intercontinental! I will say that this is the second nicest Holiday Inn I've seen...only behind the Ploenchit (sp?) Road hotel in Bangkok (The other Holiday Inn in Bangkok looks dreadful). But nice or not, no Holiday Inn is worth USD $450 per night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon’s bustling city centre, the Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong offers business and leisure travellers a vibrant location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home while away. The hotel provides 621 invitingly comfortable twin, double or king size beds equipped guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, bar, function rooms, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free Wi-fi and entertainment. The hotel also installs handy smartphone in all its guest rooms. Guests can use the phone throughout the stay, with unlimited data and calls to Hong Kong, Australia, India, China, Taiwan and UK included for free. Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong is adjacent to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) which leads to Hong Kong’s major commercial and tourist districts. The famous Star Ferry is within five minutes walking distance and Hong Kong International Airport is just a forty-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong