We traveled with a party of 6 and reserved 2 rooms. Our hotel experience overall was very good. When things did not go as planned, the hotel staff was very efficient about rectifying the problems. For instance, while we booked 2 adjacent, nonsmoking rooms, we were given one room on a smoking floor, the other on a nonsmoking floor. We were told that the smoking room would be "air freshened". Of course, we did not accept that response. We politely asked that our RSVP request be honored, and the front desk rep (Judy) quickly gave us a corner room on the 15th floor (a nonsmoking floor). Judy then explained that adjacent rooms can't be guaranteed but was able to put our travel companions on the 15th floor with us after the first night. For the rest of our stay, our companions were only one door down, so it worked out very well. The corner room was ideal for us as we were with 2 young children who could get quite loud at times. The room was also very spacious with enough room for the kids to play. Beds were comfortable, and we liked the pillow options (firm vs. soft). Housekeeping did a great job and concierge was always very helpful. We used room service a couple of times, and found the food to be good. We had breakfast at the hotel Bistro once, which was excellent, although quite pricey. For the rest of the stay, we found lots of great bakeries nearby for breakfast. There is also a nice supermarket across the street by the MTR where we purchased fresh fruit and drinks. Our view from the 15th floor was of a tenement high rise structure, but this was not a turn off. Afterall, you'd see the same thing from a midtown hotel in NYC! Actually, our view changed in a few hours when we found the building across our room to be covered with bamboo scaffolding, with a few construction workers dangling perilously from up high. Some men were tethered, some not. Bottom line is that the location makes this hotel ideal-- MTR, malls, museums, convenience stores, ferry all nearby. Staff was professional and made the trip very enjoyable. Facilities were clean & pleasant as well. We are actually surprised to hear about the negative comments about the state of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon’s bustling city centre, the Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong offers business and leisure travellers a vibrant location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home while away. The hotel provides 621 invitingly comfortable twin, double or king size beds equipped guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, bar, function rooms, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free Wi-fi and entertainment. The hotel also installs handy smartphone in all its guest rooms. Guests can use the phone throughout the stay, with unlimited data and calls to Hong Kong, Australia, India, China, Taiwan and UK included for free. Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong is adjacent to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) which leads to Hong Kong’s major commercial and tourist districts. The famous Star Ferry is within five minutes walking distance and Hong Kong International Airport is just a forty-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong