“Good hotel with excellent Executive Lounge”

Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong
Ranked #110 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Centrally located with the MTR station across the street and the Star Ferry / Hong Kong harbour a short 10 minute walk away. Staff are incredibly friendly and always have a smile for you.
I stayed on the 17th floor (#1713) what I think was the back of the hotel which was very quiet and much appreciated given the jet lag from the UK.
Room itself is nothing to write home about and could probably do with a lick of paint but I had access the to Executive Lounge which has to be one of the best I have come across. Most lounges have token gesture breakfasts but here they have 2 chefs at an egg station ready to prepare omelettes, etc. Buffett breakfast very good indeed and Happy Hour is equally as good with a decent wine, beer & spirit selection.

The hotel is served by the complimentary shuttle buses as part of your train ticket into Kowloon Central and is actually the first stop so you're not on the bus for too long, maybe 10 minutes.
Overall a good place to stay

Room Tip: If you can, opt for executive rooms to gain access to their lounge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Myshelbyford
Write a ReviewReviews (2,853)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Holiday inn is a different place in Asia, very well appointed room, superb service and right in the heart of things in Kowloon, only negative was the usual copy watch men in the street outside.

A very pleasurable stay

Room Tip: Executive club ....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Synkuk
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here again during our latest trip to Hong Kong. I was even more impressed this time with the room which suited our needs as a family. Breakfast was great and the service was very good. The location, as always, was a big plus. Again, highly recommended by me.

Room Tip: choose the triple bed rooms if your are with family
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

What can I say, this hotel was amazing. The service is second to none. The room was spacious and comfortable, we werre offered an upgrade as a special promo to an executive room and perks and it was worth every cent. The breakfast was amazing and the happy hour with food was sensational. The bathroom was well done with everything you need and due to everything else being so great I could over look some of the tired little bits that could be redoone. Location was superb - shopping, Temple St markets, food, everythingis at your disposal and the ferry to the island is easy to find. There were no disappointments when I look back at my time there. If you haven't bee you'll love it when you do. Be mindful though of the Indian men trying to get you into their stores, I would suggest that you politely say thanks but no thanks as they can get a little narky if you are rude. Bargins to be had but that's mainly at the markets and the jewellers, ladies, you'll be in heaven. This hotel is definitely a great place to stay and if you have any issues they will do what they can to make it better for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Serephin
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is my regular choice of stay in Hong Kong. I am quite loyal to the Intercon group and normally use their hotels as my first choice. Great location, close to good restaurants and close to the MTR. Did the booking on the IHG website. Checked in around 4 pm. Being a Platinum member I requested an upgrade on Check In. I was told the hotel is quite full and therefore no room upgrade. I found this hard to believe as my associate who had NOT booked on the website, used a local agent in Hong Kong, paid a cheaper rate than I did, was given a room on the 16th floor, where I was allocated a room on the 11th floor. Again when I enquired, I was offered a paid "upgrade package" that included breakfast, discount on laundry, usage of their boardroom etc etc... I did not take up this option and was NOT offered the free breakfast Platinum members normally receive. The rooms are standard. Maintenance is required a little bit in the rooms as they are starting to show age. The rooms are comfortable and so are the beds and pillow options.
On my return to this hotel, 4 days later I thought i would try what my associates did and booked with the local agents in Hong Kong and saved over HK$350 per night. I was informed by the check in clerk that I will not get any points for the stay. I am truly shocked that the website that claims to give the best possible rate for their hotels really doesn't do that... IHG???
Sadly, Loyalty doesn't seem to pay at this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AzTee
Management response:Responded 15 June 2014

Dear AzTee,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Golden Mile and we appreciate your support as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Members.

Firstly, we are sorry about the arrival experience and how it affected your stay with us. We take your comment regarding the room assignment seriously and we would like to investigate the incident further. If you wouldn’t mind sending us your booking information to reserv@goldenmile.com, along with your colleague’s, we will follow up on the incident and provide you a proper reply. Furthermore, it will help us with our staff training and we would like to make sure the same situation does not happen again.

Secondly, we would like to assure you that we value our loyal guests and especially our IHG Rewards Club members. While we offer the benefits to recognize our loyal guests, we must also follow the IHG standard for rewarding points for stay, in which bookings made via Wholesale agents are regarded as Non-Qualifying Stay and are not eligible for points reward. As for the Best Price Guarantee Policy, it only applies to lower rates found bookable on the Internet. However, it does not apply to travel agent rates found on an offline channel. I do hope you can understand this distinction in booking channels and why the benefit is subsequently affected.

We thank you for your loyal support in the past. We sincerely hope this incident would not mar your impression on us and we hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Golden Mile.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed with 4 adults and 5 children with 2 connecting rooms. It was in a great location, close to everything, including transport. Room service was great but buffet was expensive in hotel but good quality food. We had a great time here. The room was great in size and very clean. All staff we meet were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again and we have and will recommend it to others.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel has a great location in Kowloon, walking distance to Star Ferry and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Rooms are simple and nothing special but I didn't go here to stay in my room. Clean, friendly staff.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family