“Convenient location, good breakfast service poor ambience”

Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong
Ranked #103 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Convenient location, good breakfast service poor ambience”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Smooth check in and check out.conveniently located, good break fast services with good selection. Poor ambience. Vibrant and good quality serve by the staff. Carpets need to be changed.hari's bar is vibrant and active.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Radhakrishnan C
HI_Golden_Mile, at Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Radhakrishnan C,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your mixed experience. While we are pleased to know that you enjoyed our food and beverage outlets, as well as the service we provided. We are concerned about your comment regarding our ambience and our carpet condition. Our team will follow up and make sure we are providing a consistent experience for our guests.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments. We hope you would have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was great! On arrriving at the hotel per shuttle our suitcases were brought inside for us and later delivered in our room. We could not checkin right away, it was 7 in the morning local time, but we found a letter with excuses for the room not Boeing ready on arrival. (with a basket of complimentary fruit)

The room was big, had two double beds (in a room for two) and lovely airconditioning. The shower was good and we also had a bath. Swimmingpool on the roof was great! Loved the bar at the pool. The location of the hotel is great, close to a metro and a lot of restaurants and stores closeby. It is also in walking distance from the lasershow, we enjoyed from shore and from the rooftop pool.

Oud shuttle back to the airport picked us up from the hotel at six in the morning zo we got roomservice breakfast because it was included in our stay. The roomservice was great, perfectly timed and a lovely meal.

Would recommend thuis place and stay here again when traveling in Hong Kong.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ennetee
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed on the 5th floor. And I was told when I checked in that rooms on that floor area. Free wifi in the hotel room.
The room is a good size. The toilet is renovated. So there is a spacious shower instead of the old type bath. But the wash basin was obviously the moulded plastic type. No complaints about the toilet even though the wash basin was poorly aligned with the tap. The pillows were good. Had 'soft' and 'hard pillows' that are labeled. But the duvet felt like it was from the original set maybe from the 90s! Not the fluffy type. Aircon was also pretty loud. But what I really didn't like was the persistent musty smell of the carpets. Not part of the renovated bits it seems.
The service was slow when I was checking out. Even though many counters are open, there wasn't any assigned queue for checkouts like in some other hotels. So it is easy to get held up due to the tourist profile and many took a long time requesting for rooms with certain facing, or even tourist information etc.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Kathy G
Dear Kathy G,

Thank you for sharing with us your stay experience, we really appreciate your helpful feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect. There were certainly many areas not meeting our usual standard, and that we could have done better to make your stay more enjoyable, thank you for pointing out these areas of improvement to us. We will follow up to each of your comment and make sure those issues are well taken care of. We sincerely hope you would consider staying with us again and we are confident that these issues will not reoccur.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is right in the doorstep of Tsimshatshui,one of the great shopping area in Kowloon. The service is good and the room is clean and comfortable. Staffi s friendly and willing to help out. Our family was given a room that had dampness smell and willing to change us to another room immediately. The breakfast is good and has lot of varieties. The MRT is just also next to the hotel.Good for family stay and business if you like the city life.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Todmorden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is my hotel of choice when in Hong Kong, and I've always been treated well in the past, although this visit did give me some cause for concern. I'd booked a Club Room which are normally 17th/18th floors, but as they're being refurbished they gave me a Superior Room which basically wasn't! On the 6th floor it was smaller and not as nice as the room I normally have. As a Platinum Member of IHG I was disappointed and would have expected something better. The staff are great and the Club Lounge is really good, but the cracks are beginning to show here. I got the impression they're seeking the discount bulk business which attracts the coach loads that clog reception and the restaurants. Kids running up and down corridors are not good for the business traveller. Hari's Bar is looking tired and in need of updating. It's a good evening venue and I've always used it for meetings during the day. On this occasion I had to go elsewhere to avoid the kids using it as a playground. When I checked out, one of the girls looked up ferry information for me, gave me the times of the ferry and recommended me to walk to the Ferry Terminal in Kowloon. Unfortunately it's been a long time since ferries went to Shenzhen from there and I had to go to the terminal on Hong Kong Island and ended up in China about 3 hours late. I may give them another chance on my next visit, but then again, I might not. It's not cheap and the value for money was less than I expected. The laundry service isn't very good either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter H
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here years ago on a visits to Hong Kong. The Club lounge used to be on a high floor which gave you a view of the city. Now it's B2 basically under ground floor. I have to say they did a great job. The old lounge was good but dated. This is huge and open. Great makeover. You can upgrade for 450HK if you didn't book a Club room or have club status. It's well worth it if you eat the breakfast which is fantastic and the 6-8 happy hour with wine beer and open bar plus some really good appetizers, salads and desserts. It actually replaced me going to dinner. Well worth the money.

My room was comfortable but it's an old hotel. They've redone the rooms but the bathroom was small and my view was so bad looking at construction and directly into apartments I kept my drapes closed. Ask for a view of the street or a high floor I was on 2.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had a superior room and it was really lovely - until I opened the curtains! Not lovely! So I closed them quickly! ( I had been staying at a variety of places with lovely views so had been spoilt) you know with hotels especially in hot countries they have good fast air conditioning so they have to put the units somewhere so that is what I looked out on. No problem really as I wasn't there for the view. The staff were extremely fast helpful and efficient and the lobby was a bit lovely oldy worldly colonial with a sergeant major in charge! Hari's Bar have about 4 hours of happy time. I had breakfast and it was scrumptious. One of the bonuses was the adaptor in the room - very useful and some nice amenities.

Room Tip: See if they have rooms on Nathan or Mody roads as they would have a street view at least.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo