“Amazing time! ”

Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #199 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I was surprised with this hotel! When I arrived I didn't like the view of the room, but of course Honk Kong to find a nice view is quiet difficult. I asked to change room and after 10m I was in another room, but the view was similar as the first room. I was planing to stay one week in the hotel and of course I wish to see something nice from my window. In this moment someone came to my room, her name is Ileen the assistant guest manager. A very good staff with a perfect English and extremely friendly, but not only this, she was very well prepared to do her job and she supplied all my deserves in a very nice way. During my staying was even my birthday and she even sent to me a compliment. Also the view of my room was amazing after to change for the 3th time.
The hotel is very clean, WiFi works perfectly and the air condition works not only in the room, but everywhere mostly of the day.
I really highly recommend this hotel not just for people who looking to spend a nice time, but also for people who want to try the experience to stay in a 4 star hotel with the felling of a good 5 star!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked this hotel for our vacation during July 24-27, 2014 with Summer delight promotion, upgrade to deluxe room, late check out and free first round minibar. We arrive the hotel very early in the morning, the hotel help us to leave our luggage and we can go out to Disneyland. The room is quite small, but very clean and comfortable. The hotel location is quite good, not too far from MTR and the area nearby have a lot of good restaurant, espectually VIA Tokyo cafe is so good. The staff is ok but they do not remind me about the benefit of summer delight package, so we do not use our complementary minibar coz we don't want extra pay. The breakfast is so so, not quite good and crowd with Chinese tourist.

Room Tip: Please ask hotel staff for the park view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nat2go
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful memories I have had during my stay in Rosedale. Love the room (clean & tidy); the service (attentive & helpful); the excellent location which you would never go hungry or bored. There are so many eateries just around the hotel - MacDonald's; Starbucks; Subway; Ding Tai Fung Chinese Restaurant; 7-11 (for quick & easy snacks); and local eateries like noodle/rice shops; fast food chain; herbal soup shop; as well as a Japanese restaurant (opposite the hotel); and a tiny Thai restaurant (at the corner of the hotel building). Transportation is easily accessible - tram; bus; taxi. However, the Causeway Bay MTR Station (Subway) is about 8-10 minutes walk. And, it would be even perfect stay if there are less noisy; loud and extremely rude Mainland Chinese guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank THEVOICE15
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed 3 weeks in this decent and comfortable hotel. Sizeable room for not more than 2. Great service at the Front Desk as well as the Concierge. But, even better service rendered by the Housekeeping. The lady housekeeper is extremely nice and polite that I left her a small food basket for keeping my room in an excellent condition. The location is great with several eateries/cafes (both local & international); convenience stores (7-11, Watsons, Japan House, Tidbits Stores; Laundry-Mart; etc.) within 1 or 2 minutes of walks. You will never be bored and hungry! Well, the tram station and bus stops are just right in front! But, the nearest MTR Station (Causeway Bay) is about 5-8 minutes walk from the hotel. Honestly, the only regret was the odour (though bearable) from the bathroom which I just bought a cheap diffuser from Japan House to minimise the smell. And, I must say the waiting time for the lift (there are 3) is rather long as the hotel is always pack!

Room Tip: I would ask for lower floor so that I need not to wait too long for a lift. I reckon you wont have a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank BB2015LWT
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have to say first the name of the "BEST" GUEST ASSISTANT MANAGER i ever had meet until now in my life and i travel a lot around the wolrd!!! Mrs. Ileen Chanter in my review about this hotel! She could made our stay in that 4 star Hotel unforgettable!!!!

We got a nice room in the 32 Floor just one Level down from the nice Sky Bar in the Top Floor!
The viewl is great from the room. The air condition is working perfectly without any problems, the staffs very helpfull and the concierge from the hotel knows really everything about trips and also the staff's is extremly helpfull to get a taxi for you when you want to go out!!! GREAT SERVICE!!!

The HOTEL is close to Times Square! Just about 10 minutes walk from there and also in the middle of the city in my opinion a very good choice to stay if you want to discover the city centre from Hong Kong!

We stayed two weeks in Hong Kong! The first in another place close to Tin Hau metro station and this hotel is more closer to Causeway bay! I recommend to stay in this hotel if you want to discover the city! A very good Choice!!!

THANK YOU for the nice stay and the amazing birthday surprise in the morning for my friend include a small lovely cake and a bottle of white wine! WE LOVED!!!

We are coming back!!!!

Room Tip: Ask at the reception for the nice viewl room!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014

my wife n daughter stayed at this hotel from 7th july till 11th july and they were of the opinion that they liked this place and would like me to appreciate this place becoz of proximity to shopping area
also the place is clean n decent with no noice n pollution
though the room is small but no need to worry about as most of the hong kong hotels have smaller rooms

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nats1771
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Rooms are small, clean, remember you are in Hong Kong which has some of the priciest real estate in the world. Nothing to write home about the free breakfast, its good. Good location, close to everything, including metro station. The concierge is very very helpful in arranging tours, we even did a one day tour of china through him and it was a good one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family