Hotel Jen Hong Kong
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
Grand City Hotel(Hong Kong)
338 Apartment(Hong Kong)
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
    Mia Casa Hotel(Hong Kong)
    Very Good 4/5
    • Room Service
    1,852 results
    All reviewstraders hotelwestern districthku mtr stationcafe malaccashangri la groupkennedy townthe club loungerooftop poolharbour viewshuttle bustop floorhk stationhotel is locatedairport expresscentral areaoctopus cardrooms are small
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 April 2014

Its a good hotel.
    Not the best location.. but it on the quite side of HK Island.
    Recently there have been some changes... which I personally feel is not great...

1. No Mini Bar.. (feels like budget hotel)
    2. No fresh Eggs for Breakfast in Club Lounge (so much for club access)
    3. Buffet Breakfast...selections are now limited. Used to have at lest 4-5 more choices of food.
    4. Rooms feels old - need upgrade
    5. Iron Board in room was old and dirty ( can't iron your white shirt ..)

1  Thank WKKL
    Traders_Hotel-HK, Manager at Hotel Jen Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear WKKL,

Thank you for choosing Traders Hotel, Hong Kong again for your current visit to Hong Kong, and your time to write about us.

We are disheartened to learn that you did not find our breakfast and in-room arrangements up to your expectations. Please rest assured that we are seriously looking into these issues and improvement plans will be in place to remedy these situation.

In the meantime, should you want to provide more information, please contact us via david.preisig@tradershotels.com.

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again at Traders Hotel, Hong Kong.

Sincerely

David Preisig

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I am a regular visitor to Traders Hotel, Hong Kong and this March was the worst experience ever!! Booked twin room months ago & only 1 x double bed available on arrival. This then became a double bed & a fold away bed. After a 9 hour flight we were NOT amused, especially as twin beds had been requested in January AND I ALWAYS patronise Traders. We had to pack up and leave luggage to be moved to another room the next morning and the room had a door that took 2 people to push open. They need to lift their game if I am to return in December.

Room Tip: Always book a Traders Club room - the little extras are great and the views of the harbour wonderful.
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Ruth P
    Traders_Hotel-HK, Manager at Hotel Jen Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Ruth P,

Thank you for choosing Traders Hotel, Hong Kong again for your current visits to Hong Kong, and your time to write about us.

We are disheartened to learn that you did not find our arrangement efficient throughout your stay. We also regret to hear that you have experienced inconvenience with door in our guest room. Please rest assured that we are seriously looking into this issue and improvement plans will be in place to remedy the situation.

Sincerely

David Preisig

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was not my first time at this Hotel, but it had been at least 2 years. I have to make a special mention about the service, I really felt like in a 5 star Hotel, from my arrival where I got upgraded to a comfort room at top floor with view of the harbor even though I am not a gold member or anything to the help I got when I couldn't connect to the internet because of a problem with my computer and where I was given a private router to help me out to the check-out who was super efficient seriously great great job and really appreciated.

As for the Hotel it could be considered a bit out since its between sheung wan and kennedy town, but taxis are cheap in Hong Kong and there is also the tramway and buses close so in the end you are 10 min from central which is great I think.

The room I had was decently large by Hong Kong Standard and it was clean, with all the amenities I needed from shampoos and conditioners to the little extras.

The bed is comfortable ( just a tiny bit hard but soft by Asian standard :) ). Good choice of pillow with softer and more firm one and towels were fluffy and nice.

For this Hotel my price range would be 1,000 - 1,4000 HKD to be in a reasonable price vs comfort and luxury.

Only bad side you sometime have to wait a long time for elevators.

Again special mention to the service.

Room Tip: Choose harbor view rooms, the view is really nice
    1  Thank Pierre Marc G
    Reviewed 8 April 2014

Modern & comfortable hotel, wide selection of small local restaurants close by, 15 min walk to next subway station, consistent very good service, fast internet connection, gym and pool with great view

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
    Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
    1  Thank shanghai32
    Reviewed 6 April 2014

was here on business and had stayed at LKF on Wyndham earlier in the week, so my rating of this hotel may be affected by that. Really don't understand the "very good" rankings here…. in fairness, the staff is terrific and very helpful. Other pros - really good water pressure in the shower, and the Traders Club lounge is nice for breakfast and a good spot to read or get some work done during the day (views in there much better than the one from my room.) Cons - location - its a 30 min walk from Soho, so not the best choice if you are interested in going out. Not much as far as restaurants in the immediate area. Lounge closes at 11pm - about an hour before I arrived - so was unable to get anything to eat other than a bag of crisps on my first night. Rooms small. if budget is important and scene is not - then not a bad choice. If scene is important, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: perhaps ask for a room with a view… I did not, and didn't get one.