“Quite basic”

Ranked #112 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Rome, Italy
“Quite basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I chose this hotel because it was quite close to the HK Convention Center, where I was attending a conference. The area is not so nice, many dilapidated buildings and a red light district atmosphere. I had an executive room, and it was disappointing. Quite small room, basic bathroom, wrong side view (south). I had a Nespresso machine but no small cup to fit under it. Plus, you only get three coffee capsules a day, two regular and one decaf. I can only imagine the standard rooms. The room gave me access to the executive floor lounge for breakfast, but that was a joke - very small selection of food. Finally, I had a flight canceled and I asked the guest relation staff to help but they were useless. Overall, forget it.

Room Tip: Ask for the side with the sea view if you HAVE to stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
NCHKGR, Director of Rooms at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear AGPO,

I sincerely regret that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

Please do contact me at: h3562-RD@accor.com with your details so that I can add your preferences on view.

We feel that our breakfast offering in our premier lounge is the right size for the majority of our lounge guests but we do recognize that occasionally guests would prefer a wider selection so we also make breakfast at Le Cafe available to guests staying on our premier floors as well as those staying in suites.
Do accept my apologies for the lack of smaller sized coffee cups available and again I urge you to contact me directly so that I can personally ensure this is not repeated. Please also accept my apologies that my guest relations team were not of assistance, however I am pleased to report that we have scheduled our entire Front Office team for service training and am confident that we can prove that this stay was an aberration and deliver the service Novotel is known for.

Best regards
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Straight forward hotel with no frills. Basic amenities and a somewhat clean room. Location is alright and nothing to rave about. There's nothing bad or exceptionally great about this hotel. Relatively cheap and great for people who just need a pleasant place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHKGR, Director of Rooms at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Chloechloe1990,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I’m glad to see that you would recommend us as a pleasant choice to stay with.
However we are taking steps in a number of areas so that next time we will provide all our guests' plenty to rave about.

Thanks again and very best regards,
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice hotel. Staff were nice but not particularly helpful. Great location. Lots of restaurants and food stalls. Nice pool. Easy to get around. We had three people but it was difficult to convince them we needed at least 2 beds although we had requested them in our booking. Ended up getting a mattress.

• Stayed June 2014
NCHKGR, Director of Rooms at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear lonetraveller73,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular our proximity to a plethora of dining options and access to transportation.
Our staff/guest interactions are definitely an area we are focusing on and I apologize our team were not more helpful during your stay.

Regarding your comments regarding triple occupancy, again this is something we are looking at and aim to improve. For future stays may I invite you to reserve one of our junior suites which along with a host of other benefits, they feature a separate living area with a sofa which can be converted in to a comfortable bed for 1.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with the wife and my mum. The extra cot came in the form of a sofa bed which was surprisingly comfortable. Room is small but well-equipped. Helpful counter staff and room staff made the stay enjoyable. The nearest mtr is supposed to be 5 min walking distance but feels further than that. Will probably stay here again if I have to stay on Hong Kong island.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
NCHKGR, Director of Rooms at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear weimeanz,

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We have recently tweaked our sofa bed set up and I am glad you, and others, have noticed the extra comfort.
I will pass your comments on to both our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams who will be encouraged by your positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With very best regards