“Concentrated luxury, great service”

JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #25 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne
“Concentrated luxury, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

As previous reviewers have said, the rooms are small, especially felt as we had our 2 small children sharing it with us! We stayed on the executive floor, and utilised the club to the fullest, as we were jet-lagged and also my husband was sick so we ended up eating there as often as we could rather than leaving the hotel. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. There was one day we didn't get the room made up and security actually called us up to check we were ok! The staff were 100% professional and extremely helpful. We chose here as we wanted to put 4 in a room and the Marriot was the best positioned on HK Island as we prefer there to Kowloon. Our room had a harbour view although a lot of it was still blocked but we still had amazing views of the fireworks display for the PRC birthdaty on Oct 1st and we couldn't believe our luck as it was all unplanned! There is a large rooftop pool and spa which the children will love, weather permitting!

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are always better in Hong Kong!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Welltravelledlady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

This hotel would be a five star hotel in the States. The service is above and beyond, the food is delicious, and the room was clean and inviting. I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

We had only one night to stay in Hong Kong on our way back to the States and this hotel offered easy access to the Airport Express as well as plenty to do within walking distance. We were upgraded to a harbour view room which was spectacular although the rooms were extremely small. The room had to have been made with 1-guest in mind not 2 adults however for a short stay it was fine. Our view allowed us to watch the famous nightly laser show from our bed and the view of the bright lights, tall buildings and boats in the harbour was breathtaking.

We ordered room service and although the service was prompt and the food was decent it was extremely expensive. There is a mall attached to the hotel that features a variety of restaurants and high-end shopping and the "Central" subway stop is super easy to get too.

Overall this hotel was very nice and I would stay there again because there is a reason this area is called Central.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shootingstarr
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

A truly 5star experience. The lobby is spacious and inviting. Though the rooms are average in size, the common areas are spacious and classy. The location is excellent because right below is the Pacific Place mall which you can reach easily as it is connected to the hotel. The MTR station is also right below. taxis are easy to get and the staff are very helpful in getting you one. The breakfast and high tea at the coffee shop is also great with a variety of food items you can choose from. there is surely something for evryone evn picky eaters. they even provide paper bags in the bread section if you wish to bring up a muffin or bread to your room!

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining rooms if you are travelling with family so you get bigger space when the doors are...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank busymomMD
Muntinlupa, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Went to Hong Kong for a meeting and so I had to spend the night somewhere.

Luckily my client booked me in this Hotel.

Took the airport express into the City and the Hotel was just less than 10 mins (HK$20) from the station.

Check in was easy and lady who brought me to my room took the time to explain everything, including the phone system, to me.

FREE INTERNET ACCESS!!

The room I was in, # 3423, was a small room. It was good that it had a king size bed but it was because of it that the room felt cramped to me. Bathroom was small as well but with complete amenities. Shaving kit, toothbrush, comb, cotton buds, hair dryer, separate shower and tub, magnifying mirror, etc. All marble and glass with great lighting (excellent for shaving). 2 bathrobes were provided. As well as SIX large fluffy towels

Room had a personal safe, ironing facilities, well-stocked with coffee and tea, and there was always 2 complimentary water bottles. There was also an umbrella that you could use in case it was raining outside.

The room had a 42" plasma tv with a remote audio/video connection panel for your video camera or computer located at the side of the room's desk. You can then, if you were inclined, make the plasma tv your computer monitor. The plasma tv was also mounted on a bracket that allowed you to swing out the screen and even tilt it. One thing I found interesting was that you could hear whatever was playing on the tv in the speaker mounted on the bathroom's ceiling. This way, if you were watching something like CNN, you could continue to listen to it while i the bathroom.

I had a room on the was on the executive floor so I had access to the executive lounge. There would be something to eat the whole day (not much selections but enough) and free wine (good quality) at night. The executive lounge had a good view of HK Harbour but since it was a rainy night, couldn't see much of it. The service was excellent!

This Hotel is on top of the Pacific Place Mall but I didn't have time to see it, so I can't say anything about it :-(.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Let me come clean at the outset. The Mandarin Oriental and The Four Seasons are my favorite hotels in Central ( I never stay on Kowloon side). And staying at a kittle slice of America isn't my idea of nirvana either ( don't get me wrong, I love visiting America). That said I have stayed here at least twice before I think as it is one of my firms corporate hotels.

The service as you'd expect in HK is very nice - attentive and professional.

But the hotel is somewhat dated. I changed rooms because the plumbing in my bathroom shook every time rooms around me used their bathroom facilities. The staff were lovely and apologetic when they moved me and again when I checked out.

My main disappointment was how hard the beds were. I stayed four nights, woke up every two hours and have a sore back now. After the second night I asked for a feather bed to be added to the bed. It was promptly added but did not make the bed noticeably more comfortable.

Room service was ok but not fabulous. I at Fish one night, again was OK but I wouldn't rush back.

The Riedel wine bar has a nice selection of wine and had a band playing when I was there on a Monday night.

If I wasn't staying there because I had colleagues there, it would not be my choice in HK.

Wi- fi was included in the room rate. Thank you Marriott.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Booked a family package for December 2011 for 2 adults and 2 very young children. Requested for 2 double beds (non-smoking) and a baby cot for the baby. Hotel's reply is no guarantee for any of these requested. In their last email, they said baby cot is on first come first served basis. And that is after all modes of contact - international toll free line, direct phone call to Marriott Hong Kong, online chat with live assistant and emails.

No guarantee and first come first served?? From a hotel that's touted one of the best in the world? What is reservation for then? A reservation made well in advance and it was for a family package offered. No other reputable hotel does that.

So it could be a situation where our five month old infant has no cot, and we have only a king size bed for all four of us (2 adults, a four year old and a five month old infant)??

Leaves one wondering if the hotel is sincere in selling this family package or their approach to turn away families with young children.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family