“I didn't think it was possible to beat the Conrad HK”

JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #24 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New York City, New York
“I didn't think it was possible to beat the Conrad HK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

But the Marriott did. Amazing executive lounge. Great service. You can't go wrong with this hotel. It is a bit out of the way, but taxis are so cheap in HK its not a big deal. You have to walk through Pacific Place mall to get to Admirality subway station, but its very easy to get around HK. Also if you are on the exec floor free food, drinks etc.. Great spot to relax or get some work done.

Room Tip: Must go with Exec floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

As I arrived from a long haul flight I was shown directly to my room by a very friendly woman who made it easy for me to relax as soon as I entered the hotel. The express check in was just the first of many exceptional customer services moments I had here.

The exec lounge is on two levels and has outstanding views of the harbour. For a hotel lounge, the food was exceptional in terms of the quality of the produce and the variety. One could save hundreds of dollars on food as breakfast and evening meals are excellent.

The pool is a 20 metre affair in the open and I loved going for early morning laps amidst the surrounding buildings and greenery. There is a restaurant by the pool that has superb food and flows out into the open deck area.

The gym is open 24 hours and equipped with new machines, new weights and very spacious.

The room was modern, clean with everything you would expect.

Compared to US and UK hotel standards, this hotel beats them hands down.

The hotel is also located near Central, so right by the express train to the airport.

A truly five star experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on levels 33-35 if you can.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JasonNyilas
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Fit and finish of the hotel were well above the typical US standard. Rain showers, full marble bathrooms, great city views from all rooms. We used the pool and the gym, dined in the cafe and used the executive lounge. All were great; the lounge saved us literally hundreds of dollars in breakfast and happy hour stuff. Location was pretty good - it was a five minute cab ride to LKF and about a 20 minute ride to Kowloon for taking photos of the downtown. We stayed there on points (35,000/night) and we're glad that we did. We would definitely go back. Hotel is appropriate for tourists, families and business people.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Beijing
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

My wife and I just finished a three night stay at the JW Marriott in Hong Kong. We have traveled to Hong Kong nuermous times over the years and usually have stayed at the Shangri- LA, up the street from the JW. We chose the JW because my wife just reached platinum status with Marriot and wanted to keep it in the family.

Check in was swift and painless. Every time we stay at a Marriott, we never push the issue about status but we were curious as to why we were not upgraded from a standard room. It appears, it takes a week or two to gain the next level of status. The check in person did not even recognize her gold status. But, we let it slide.

We were handed off to another "employee" to escort us to our room. I really diid not think of anything out of the ordinary since the Shangri -la does it all the time. Once in the room though, out came out pamphlets on time shares and getting a gift if we attend a one hour seminar before our departure. I told me wife to go for it even though we had no intention to but or sign up for anything. It just felt " cheap" that the JW is peddling time shares to their guests.

The room is small. We had a corner so the bed was put at an angel.bathroom was standard marble tile with separate shower and bathtub. The bed was quite comfortable but there was no head board. There was an indented mirror behind the bed so if you want to prop yourself up, you had to stick a few pillows under your head. Internet speed was good and the air-conditioning unit worked well and was silent.

One negative was the thin walls.your could hear your neighbor taking a shower and my wife told me she could hear me talking onnthephone when she was out in the hallway. I am not a loud talker but found it odd.

So, having stayed at numerous Marriots and having status, we wanted to use the lounge. I told my wife to call the front desk to enquier. Long story short, first the front desk said no. Then my wife said she was Gold. Then the front desk said yes. They had to change the keys since to get to the 33/34 floors, you need a key that allows you to access the floor and to get into the lounge itself.

The lounge is nice and clean. Staff is courteous and helpful. We had breakfast and it was nice and lots of choices.

The Hotel is nice but I would be hesitant to stay again. Not because of the couple of negative things but I just felt it was not a comfortable hotel. I guess I was spoiled by the Shangri-la.

Room Tip: There is direct access to the Pacific Mall and MRT from the lower level of the Hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John M
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Spent one night during a layover in HK.
Overall the experience was very good and I would recommend it for business travelers.

The Good....
- The service, particularly at check in and check out, was fabulous -- it was 5-star, without reservation.
- The Club Level was very well executed -- just what I look for -- good food and drink, not overrun by kids, quiet space upstairs -- WELL DONE, JW.
- Close to the Airport Express (which gets you to Hong Kong Station from the Airport in 24 minutes), but with traffic, still a 15 minute taxi to the hotel (but only $5 US).
- Good options within a short walk for dinner and shopping, including Mall access in basement of hotel.

The not so good....
- Rooms are pretty cramped.
- So of the decor is a bit out of date.

Bottom line -- I would definately stay here again. They service is top notch and the Club Level is well done.

Room Tip: Spring for the Club Level.... you can have your breakfast there and a few drinks prior to dinner. T...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Clumsy rooms and aircraft toilet sized bathroom is how sums up my experience of a standard room at this hotel.
Breakfast buffet is however generous with an expansive spread and provided solace after my short stay at this hotel.
Definitey there are many other better choices in Hong Kong than this one.
The worst part was my interaction with a receptionist over phone who just couldn't understand English - can't expect that from a Marriott.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank biztraveller012
shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

we just cameback for 4nites stay at JW marriot.we stay at 2608 deluxe room which is perfect view as ive requested corner room,it was very lovey city view,,,since it was my husband birthday i requested birthday cake,and they even ask me what flavor of cake i want,,also theres a b.day card message from the manager.We definitely coming back on this hotel,very relaxing and convient after walking 2days for disney and 1 day at ocean park,,we always looking forward to go back in our room.My 2 kids love the swimming pool too,very clean room and efficient check in and out.

Room Tip: highest floor with a corner room,for deluxe room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family