“Nice hotel with a great executive lounge (if you have the points)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong

JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #24 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Nice hotel with a great executive lounge (if you have the points)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

Very nice hotel with spacious rooms. Best of all is the executive lounge, if you have access. Not only is the food good, but you can save a lot on the cost of meals during your stay. Breakfast is good and evening hors d'oeuvres are numerous and tasty. I recommend the hotel and the lounge.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BillSweeney1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed for a week in a corner harbor view room. It was small but very nice views, comfortable bed and free water, fruit, coffee and tea. We had use of the executive lounge which did make our trip enjoyable. The staff in the lounge is excellent as far as directions, maps and recommendations. I thought the food was much more plentiful than many lounges we've used before and was very good. The breakfast had both Asian and Western selections, happy hour was plentiful, wine, liquors and food and lovely desserts. We enjoyed all of the restaurants in the hotel and had fun at the wine bar with live music at night. The location was good within walking distance to some shopping and sight seeing and we purchased the octopus pass. Overall would have given 5 stars but there were a few cosmetic issues with the room that needed attention but overall very much enjoyed this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for best room view possible, since the rooms are so small it makes a big difference in how enjoya...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Everything was wonderful upon our arrival. Amazing attention towards minimum detail. We checked in at 8am thinking we would have to wait till normal check in time which is at 3pm. They shuffled as quickly to an amazing 22nd floor with a beautiful view of Hong Kong and did the check in while in the room. Best service ever during our 5 night stay. The only things that bothered me a little are the weird frangrance they use in the lobby, the feather down pillows and duvet since I am allergic, but I asked for other pillows and were inmediately changed.

Room Tip: If you are allergic ask for a feather free room.
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I am a gold card holder with Marriott and therefore access to the lounges. The two days I stayed at this hotel I used the lounge for breakfast both days. Generally these lounges are an oasis of calm but here that was not the story.

The lounge was full kids. Now I have no issue with kids, I was one once but not when they behave like this

We had toddlers screaming , babies crying. Now there isn't much you can do about it . But letting your kids finger the food and them put it back? Taking the third bagel off a stack and shoving the other two back with hands that were covered in yoghurt mmmmm.

I pointed it out to the waitress and asked her to remove them.....she did not. The bagels of course!

Eating toast and cheese off the keyboards in the

What really made it worse was there was an upstairs which could of been adults only but no, to get up there you had to fight the human slalom of toddlers

Apart from that a good location in the middle of the mall at pacific place

But I'm back staying at the shangri la in future.

Room Tip: Higher is better
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I recently stayed at the JW Marriott after a break of a year or two. Whilst the location and service were still good the room, and the general decor, are starting to look a lttle tired, nothing drastic, but relative to the other hotels in this category definitely on the dowdy side. I suspect that for similar money there are better options around.

Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

Awesome views from executive floors (31). Was upgraded to Exec corner room with replenishing fruit bowl. Auto curtains/blackout curtains controlled from bed. Access to Executive Lounge. Everything has awesome views of the harbor. Service is okay. Two week stay, had laundry done three times, first two times requested hangers, third time forgot and they brought FOLDED, like I'm gonna iron those things. Everything else is what you would expect for $600 per night.

Room Tip: ask for upgrade to corner room
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

We had a harbor view room with 2 double beds. We are a family with 3 young ones, so for high end hotels in Causeway Bay, the JW was pretty much the only choice if we didnt want to fork out for an extra room. I expected small as we were in HK, but the room was surprisingly small. The width of the bedroom area was little bigger than the size of two double beds with a narrow walkway in between.

The rest of the hotel seemed nice, and the room was nicely appointed, tho there was nothing exceptional about the room, except, perhaps, the Harbor View. But it wasn't a clear shot of the Harbor, as there were a number of buildings in the way, and the hotel isn't all that close to the water's edge.

The staff were what stood out. There was no particular event, but everything the staff did for me was done with a genuine smile. Doors were held open, the concierge was very helpful with directions and suggestions, etc. I even requested a step stool to be brought up, and that was done very promptly (tho the step stool could have been a tad larger, as the bathroom countertop was very high for my little ones).

A DVD player in the room was nice for the kiddies as well. One of the things our family really enjoyed about the hotel was that it was easy to get to the Pacific Place mall. Just down the elevators to the lowest floor and there you are, in the middle of the mall. Stepping into the mall, there was a decent cafe right there where we grabbed an adequate breakfast, and a lovely Thai Basil restaurant that we ate at twice because it had a fantastic pad Thai and yummy meat skewers and egg rolls which my kids devoured. An AMC movie theater is just above too, very convenient. The Admiralty MTR station is also not too far away, accessible without having to step outside. Very convenient. We later found the Great Food Hall, which has more options for breakfast and has a good sized grocery store too. So my suggestion is to skip the expensive hotel breakfast, and use that saved money for a nice dinner at Thai Basil (tho the prices were pretty decent there too!).

We used the hotel pool several times. Again, great service there. Someone always immediately came over with ice waters to wherever we sat down. And then when I changed where I wanted to sit, they helped bring over all the water cups. There's also a happy hour that goes on from 5:30p-7p, but I failed to understand how it worked (no signage, and it wasn't clearly explained to me). But I'm not complaining, as it knocked off more than the cost of two glasses of wine, and only two additional beers and some food dishes were ordered altogether. The hot tub was nice and big too.

Lastly, and the main reason I knocked a star off, was my booking problem. On their hotel website, they had a glitch that advertised one price, but then after entering in credit card information, they presented a different price. After a phone call to customer service, and several emails later, they honored my price, without any explanation or apology. In one or two emails, they tried to say that I was looking at a prepaid rate, but the website listed pretty clearly what the room prices were for each room and what the conditions were. Their system listed my room price incorrectly for the 2-4th nights. After spending a lot of time both on the phone and corresponding thru emails, I felt they should have not only given me the rate they quoted, but also an apology and maybe an upgrade of some sort for my time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family