“Absolute Great Experience”

JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #28 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The JW Marriott provided great service and amenities in a central location. When we arrived we were greeted with by Benjamin one of the best employees at the hotel. He was helpful, informative and he checked us in then took us to our rooms.
Later that day I went to the concierge to ask for dinner recommendations as a surprise and thank you to my boyfriend. The concierge recommended a great restaurant, Hutong with views of the harbor, which allowed us to see the light show on our last night. As I was speaking with the concierge, Benjamin said he would also have a nice surprise for us in the room when we returned. We returned to a nice handwritten card, dessert and wine.
The only issues with the room was the view was ok nothing spectacular and the pool water was warm. Also the plastic pool glasses had chips in them. Otherwise I had a great experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wbaker

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I like to stay at Marriott properties because I'm a member of the Rewards program and I get extra perks. However, I'd stay at this Marriott again with or without my Marriott points amenities. The hotel is really amazing and a credit to the Marriott Brand.

The service level at the Marriott at Pacific Place was above and beyond your usual JW Marriott. I really thought I was at a Ritz. The staff took care of your every need before you knew you needed it. Housekeeping kept my room in order two times a day. It was a nice, basic Marriott room, but the service was amazing. For example, I let a banana go bad on the desk. Mind you, not that bad, it just turned a little brown. Housekeeping didn't just toss it; it was removed and replaced with a fresh banana.

The Executive Lounge: If you are Gold or above in the Rewards Program, you will receive access to the lounge on the 33rd Floor. This is worth it! Breakfast was a mini version of the cafe buffet off the lobby that cost about $38 USD. The food was a range of Dim Sum to English beans to sushi to American style eggs and bacon. The fruit table was fresh and the oatmeal was hot. There was also a chef making French toast and waffles. Tea was served at 2 pm and the "happy hour" started at 4:30 pm and the hors d'oevres started at 5:30 pm. Don't be fooled, this happy hour was more like dinner. All beer, wine and cocktails were complimentary. It really was the spectacular perk.

Location: The hotel sits over the Pacific Place Mall. This is one of many luxury malls in HK. The Conrad and Shangri-La hotels share the space over the Mall with the Marriott. The Mall has a few small restaurants, including Roku for Japanese, but the hotel restaurants are very high end and I think most hotel guests frequent the hotel eateries. (Nadamen in the Shangri-La is a must for the sushi lover.) It's about a 15 minute walk to the HK Convention Center. It's not the best walk in HK because you go by all the sleazy bars and dark alleys. It's very safe, but it is creepy for a woman alone. A cab ride costs about $3 USD. The trouble is getting a taxi in the rain. We were there in the rainy season and stood in line for over an hour on several occasions.

Insider tip: There's no signs, but the Hong Kong Park is right outside the back of the Marriott. Visitors can walk up the hills and through a truly beautiful HK experience. There are birds, benches, trees and no smoking. It is truly an oasis of beauty in a very busy, crowded city. The Marriott is perfectly situated for the business traveler to get a nice walk in before breakfast.
The hotel Health Club looked very nice, but I didn't have the time to visit.

While HK offers a full range of Western brand hotel properties, the Marriott is a great choice if you are a member of the Marriott Rewards program. While expensive, it's not as high as the Ritz, Four Seasons or Mandarin. There's a lot of options in HK, but I'd stay at this property again on my next visit.

Room Tip: You will pay extra for the water view. I enjoyed the mountain view and loved the fog rolling past t...
2  Thank MD2FL
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed with a friend who was on business. The place is real nice with a great breakfast in the beautiful executive club on floor 33. The concierge had some bad advice but why expect them to be perfect?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for nine nights in a standard room, in May 2014. I was attending conferences, and also hosted a number of business breakfasts, lunches and dinners at the hotel. My wife attended a number of those functions, but also had more time to enjoy the hotel and Hong Kong as a tourist. We were both extremely impressed by the hotel- excellent restaurants, a clean room with all necessary amenities, and perfect service at all times. Manager Richard Taffs and his staff could not have done any more for us - faultless in every respect. The hotel is also very well positioned, with direct access to Admiralty MTR Station, from where one can travel east-west along the Island, or north to Kowloon and beyond. There is direct access also to the Pacific Place mall, with all the top-end shops.

1  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Considering the hotel rate, it is of course very nice. Very conveniently located. Annexed is a modern shopping mall with some very nice restaurants. Pay extra and you get the harbor view. Otherwise it's the mountain view.

Room Tip: You pay extra for the harbor view
1  Thank 739,318
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Love how efficient this hotel is. There's an in-room check out via the TV system, You can order food in from Hk's famous char chan taengs (local coffee shops that offer delivery), that the concierge will help you order (cos my cantonese is not passable), pick up and deliver to your room. Its well connected to HK's infamous CBD overhead walkways so you hardly will get wet and its wet these days in HK. I had a non local lunch in the coffee shop. It was good. There's a shuttle from the airport train station in Central to the hotel. And the inroom wifi was hassle free the way it should be. Rooms with great views every time I have stayed here, of course most of HK is foggy so I had a great view out to white mist. Toiletries are the relax range from Aromatherapy Associates.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JoSofyan
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed at several hotels around the city and i have to say, so far this was one of the best. It is in a great location just above the MTR and Pacific Place shopping centre, with easy access to walk into central, Hong Kong Park and to the Peak Tram line.
The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable, and we had a great view out (not always easy to find in HK!). Along with that the breakfast buffet was fabulous. It had a huge range of good quality food. A really wonderful way to start the day!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple