“Great hotel for family stay in Hong Kong”

JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #26 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
“Great hotel for family stay in Hong Kong”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the JW Marriott in Hong Kong for 3 nights in July. We all enjoyed our stay (two adults and two children aged 4 and 6). The room we stayed in had two double beds which was perfect to sleep a family of 4. It was a lovely room and well equipped with facilities and amenities (iron, hair dryer, etc). The bathroom was lovely with a great shower and also a separate bath tub. The pool on Level 7 was good, the kids loved it. It was closed a few times though due to thunderstorm warnings - as it is outdoors. Staff all very lovely and accommodating. Good location attached to Pacific Place shopping mall and close to Admiralty MTR. The buffet breakfast was very comprehensive - for both western and asian tastes, yummy fresh omelets or pancakes made to order! Free WiFi in the room for your stay which was great! Only con was that you could hear the outside traffic a little (not sure if windows were double glazed properly). Overall though we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a harbour view are nicest (for views)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank buzziebee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here for four days for a recent business trip and must say this is the nicest JW I've stayed at. The executive lounge is quite something, great food, drinks, and service. The breakfasts were one of the best I've had as of late.

Pros:
-Rooms are nicely decorated and I like the electronic shades!
-Nice staff
-GREAT lobby, very spacious, great for meetings/relaxing
-Nice staff, very friendly, concierge was very helpful

Cons:
-The mall in the basement seemingly allows more people to come and go (sometimes hard to find a place to sit in the lobby)
-No upgrade for platinum :-(
-View from one side of the building is not that great

I'd definitely stay here again if I was visiting the area, many people said the location was very convenient for traveling around the city. Service was great, and I am still thinking about the breakfasts, I wish the american JW's had this level of lounges.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Harbor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SMR_2
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Organised an airport transfer directly to the hotel made the start of the break effortless after early arrival from Perth. Hotel very helpful in giving us an early check in so we could freshen up before setting out to see HK. First time we had stayed in a 5 star hotel and the attention to service showed. We has a room which overlooked Kowloon which was a twin and very spacious.

Overall a fantastic stay, only minor irritant was the loo occasionally didn't stop flushing.

Room Tip: We preferred the city view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken R
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here with a colleague and enjoyed the whole stay while doing business. Room service was a little slow when we ordered food one night. But morning breakfast made up for everything. I always enjoy staying at JW Marriott products and I think this is a property that exemplifies a why I like staying at them. I couldn't be more happy with my stay and when I return to Hong Kong this would be my preferred hotel to stay at.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Not enough good things to say. Service throughout the hotel is exceptional starting with the front door, front desk and through to concierge. We got checked in early, had adjoining rooms for our family and had an upgrade to harbor view which was superb. The kids loved the pool and had room service food which was great. We ate in flint grill which was trendy and sophisticated. If only all hotels were like this.

Stayed July 2014
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel and beautiful pool too! We were treated well by the staff. The view from our room was terrific they gave us an upgrade with a great view of the harbor and downtown area. I also found it convenient to the subway stop.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mary B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been in HK 4 times in the last several months and stayed in 4 different hotels. My room was by far the brightest I have had so far, with a bit of a harbour view. The staff were very helpful, breakfast buffet very good and the surroundings pleasant. I liked the fact its tucked away in Admiralty, but a 10 minute walk/1 stop on MTR to Central. Its also connected to Pacific Place for dinner and shopping. You can also try the tram!

Overall a very good experience - its NOT the Landmark, but a high quality. There is also a small fitness center and outdoor pool. Due to frequent rain when I was there I never got to see/use the latter.

Only drawbacks was a frequent delay in getting through for room service and the maid trying to make up my room at 8am on Saturday morning....

I would very much consider it for my next trip over.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business