We stayed at the Marco Polo Hong Kong for a week from 10th Sept this year. The hotel was fine, nice & clean and the staff were OK. We'd read some reviews about the staff and to be honest things didn't sound good but we didn't experience anything like that. We found them all to be pleasant enough.
My big problem with the hotel was the noise. We stayed a week and it felt like we had no sleep the whole time we were there. There was building work at the hotel, which we were warned about, but it did finish at 5pm every day so it wasn't a problem as we were never in the room during the day anyway but what our tour agent didn't tell us was they were doing building work next door (Marco Polo is part of a big complex called Harbour City and this is where the noise came from). They hammered, drilled and loaded skips and did what ever it is builders do, all night, every night apart from Sunday. We did complain on several occasions but the hotel staff said there was nothing they could about it. We thought we might get a chance to change to a quieter room but the only way they would move us was if we upgraded and paid extra so in that respect they were a bit unhelpful. All in all the hotel was OK and I would stay there again because the location really couldn't be any better but I would make sure that there is no building work going on first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the spectacular Victoria Harbour, the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel is located along Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, at the heart of the city's busiest commercial, shopping and business hub. The Star Ferry and Hong Kong's cruise terminal are at your footstep, while shopping is right next door with the hotel forming part of Harbour City - Hong Kong's largest shopping complex. Guests enjoy easy access to the area's major tourist attractions like Kowloon Park, Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong Space Museum and Hong Kong Cultural Centre. After an exciting day of sightseeing or business meetings, settle into one of the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel's 665 guestrooms and suites while staying connected via the complimentary Wi-Fi internet service, which is now fully up and running throughout the hotel, or catch up with the latest blockbuster from the wide selection of movies while enjoying the hotel's In-room Dining service. For guests preferring the exclusive comfort and personalised service of The Continental Club, our designated guest floors come with unparalleled benefits that have become hallmarks of the Marco Polo hospitality. In a city known as the 'Culinary Capital of Asia', the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel features three of Hong Kong's most renowned restaurants and bars, to include Cucina which features Italian open kitchen, all-day international cuisine at Cafe Marco, and the Rum Bar at Lobby Lounge - conferred the Guinness World Record for "Bar with the World's Largest Selection of Commercially Available Rums." Whether you are looking to plan your dream wedding or the perfect corporate meeting, our 14 state-of-the-art function rooms will meet your every need. The built-in audio-visual facilities of the function rooms on sixth level provide the ideal setting for small- to medium-sized events. The Centenary Ballroom at lobby level is the perfect balance between elegance and intelligent architecture, where clients can transfer even the biggest display materials easily due to the ballroom's unique lobby level access. Stay connected with family, friends, and workplace from our Connect Lounge. Take a dip in our pool to unwind after a long day out, or do a quick workout at the gym. Better still, indulge in some retail therapy at the adjacent Harbour City shopping mall which is the ultimate destination for shopping, dining and entertainment with over 450 shops that feature the world's leading brands. Enjoy your journey in Hong Kong to the fullest with a handy, a complimentary smartphone for travellers with the power to keep guests totally connected while exploring the city. Built-in benefits include unlimited 3G mobile internet, unlimited local calls, Wi-Fi hotspot and tethering, dining and city guide and exclusive ticketing offers. Staying at the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel gives you the perfect blend of warm Asian hospitality and a central location with its convenient access to Kowloon and Hong Kong. Hotel note: In our effort to continually provide a top quality environment for our guests at Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel, a hotel exterior upgrading programme will be carried out in phases, from Mondays to Saturdays between 9am and 6pm, with expected completion in the second quarter of 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marco Polo Hongkong
- Marco Polo Hotel Hong Kong
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Marco Polo Hotel
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel Hong Kong