“A Hong Kong Classic!”

Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #6 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong this past April. I love everything about this hotel. Great location, Great Service, Great Dining choices. Had an exceptional dinner at The Grill. Best Dover Sole this side if Dover.

• Stayed: April 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (3,013)

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights with my mother in a suite. It was fabulous. The service was amazing. We found the location excellent to access public transport, with central station metres away and a short walk to the Star ferry. Shopping is just outside your door.
We ate at the buffet breakfast and the a la carte. We found we preferred the menu of the a la carte and was slightly quieter. However the service was just amazing in both.
I can also recommend the oriental massage...the spa was brilliant.
The hotel does have quite a business clientele mid week and certainly a more casual feel at the weekend.
I would recommend the MO and would be really happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Familyof5sydneyZzzzz
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Truly a leading hotel of the world, the Mandarin is THE place to stay in Hong Kong.
Each and every one of the staff offer magnificent service day or night and no matter what you need they have it. All of the rooms are the last word in luxury.
I stayed in February with my wife, having used the Peninsula for years but the Mandarin was so good we went back in March and I am just packing for another visit there this week.
Should be on everyone's list of where to stay at least once in your life.
Trust me, you wont want to leave.
Enyoy!!

Room Tip: There isnt a bad room in the place but the harbour views are stunning.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is the place to stay in HK. Perfect for the CBD and they will print your boarding pass! Thereafter walk down and get the train to the airport.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I love Mandarin HK!!! I could not fault anything about this hotel. I tried 3 hotels in 3 days and this was my first ... I wished I had've known how good my experience was going to be because I would've stopped here! Breakfast, room service, arrival, departure, restaurant, bar, shopping ... I could go on. One word ... "LOVE".

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed. The service and hospitality could not be better. Everyone is constantly trying to make you happy and make sure you are satisfied with everything. Rooms are great size and super clean. The room has everything from international electric adapters to shaving creams, hair combs, toothpaste, dental floss etc, whatever you need. If I knew I wouldn't carry a lot of toiletry with me to HK. Food is great. Everything is very prompt. Very centrally located and close to everything. Spa is great too. I had a massage and facial. All was great.This hotel simply feels like home but with extra luxury and convenience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was my second at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, my prior stay was in 2004 before the extensive renovation work was completed. I have always had fond memories of the Mandarin being one of the few hotels in the world which retains the charisma of old world elegance while delivering products and services that exceeds the contemporary standards. I had high expectations prior to arriving at the "new" Mandarin.

I booked the room myself through the hotel's website and have communicated with their Reservations and Concierge team for special requests and restaurant booking. E-mails were responded very quickly and efficiently.

On arrival at the airport, I was warmly greeted by a staff in the arrival hall who assisted me with my bags and walked me to the S-Class limousine which I have booked at a reasonable cost. The ride into town was perfect. The driver was well mannered and offered me cold towel, bottles of water and WiFi access code. Upon approaching the hotel, a reception staff was already waiting to take me up direct to the room for a smooth check-in. At the first glance, the lobby seems unchanged. However when I entered the room there was a big difference!

I was given a room on the 11th floor, though I have requested for a high floor. The view was gorgeous nontheless (however, it is partially obstructed by the construction work of a new park which will soon be completed and make the view more pleasant). The Harbour Room is richly decorated and all materials felt and looked premium. The room ceiling is relatively low but this is one thing that they can't change! However everything else to brand new and high-tech including the large screen TV with hundreds of channels to surf through, a Denon sound system and sophisticated remote control lighting system (guaranteed to confuse first time users). The room was spotlessly clean and all amenities were top-notch. New Hermes toiletries (Garden in the City range) was provided and a memory foam pillow which I have requested was precisely placed on the bed.

I must highly commend the housekeeping staff for their excellent service and attention to details. For example, they recognised a travel guide I was reading on the desk so during turn down they put a bookmark in it along with some tourist maps and attractions brochures. Amazing touch! Clothes lying around the room were always folded and left at the exact same location. While housekeeping service is primarily invisible, their effort is highly visible and the Mandarin staff simply excel in this department.

Breakfast at the Clipper Lounge is of the highest quality, while choices may not rival many modern Asian luxury hotels the quality of the foods was top notch. Service was also warm and efficient. I have also had a chance to dine at the prestigious Michelin stared Mandarin Grill + Bar restaurant and was not disappointed. If you have heard of the famous "Krug Room", some of the foods there can be had at the Mandarin and all of them are exquisite and elaborately presented. The service was beyond five-star and the restaurant manager Rebecca was very friendly and professional.

The Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong is definitely my home away from home in Hong Kong. Every element of this hotel is unbeaten, from location to service and food. I simply cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any Harbour view room/suite especially those on high floor at the corner...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family