As an ex-resident of Hong Kong, it's always nice to go 'home', but also a little strange to have to stay in a hotel. However, if you have to stay in a hotel, you might as well choose the best. I was here on business, just for a couple of nights, but it was a very comfortable stay. Perfect, unobtrusive service, a lovely room and, in general, the high quality that you would expect. I was unfortunate enough to be away from family on my birthday, but at least the hotel made an effort to (partially) compensate, by delivering a birthday 'cake' to my room (in fact, a candle-shaped piece of chocolate, filled with chocolate mousse). May not seem a big deal, but a nice touch.
Rooms are not enormous, but in Central that's not surprising. Unless you turn all the lights on, rooms are also a little dark, but then this seems to be the case in most hotels nowadays. Other than that, a lovely stay and will return to the Mandarin Oriental next time I'm in HK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental