I was 15 years old and living in Hong Kong when this hotel was built, it was the first Mandarin Oriental and I had my 21st birthday at the Mandarin Grill. I went back for my 65th and we spent 6 nights. Although renovated since I first saw it being built it is still the best hotel ever and they lost none of the charm when they updated. The location is convenient for the business center of Hong Kong and for the Star Ferry or subway, although taxis are so cheap there is no need to take public transport if you do not wish to.
The Clipper lounge is, as always, a great place to meet, have breakfast, or lunch. The Mandarin Grill is no longer dark and stuffy and the food excellent. The staff there made my birthday special and the second night we went we still felt special. The Man Wah is good Chinese food and the M Bar has an excellent view where the staff attend to you with charm. The cafe Causette is constantly busy and the coffee shop or cake shop adjacent to it offers amazing cakes and chocolates.
Every single staff person we dealt with contributed to what was a memorable experience for me and I would want to thank them for that. The concierge even found a 2013 Chinese Calendar we wanted to bring home for a 90 year old Chinese man who likes to see what the day ahead holds in the way of health, happiness, wealth etc.
Our harbour view room was spacious, a fascinating place to look out of with the binoculars provided. The bed and bedding luxurious, the bathroom and amenities top class. Plenty of cupboard space and even a steamer for your clothing.
Since my youth I have stayed in many hotels all over the world but the Mandarin Oriental remains so very special. The service, from the moment you arrive until you are waived off in their limousine to the airport, is exemplary. One of their staff met us at the airport and helped us with our luggage and all the check-in procedures at the airline desk and escorted us to the Immigration.
What more do you want than that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental