Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$399
US$379
Conrad
US$266
US$215
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$235
US$208
Cordis Official
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$316
US$191
US$146
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$79
Hotel Direct
3,110 results
All reviewsclipper loungecafe causettecaptains barman wahhermes toiletriesoriental suitecake shopbest hotels in the worldroom servicefour seasonsturn down servicetop floorfavorite hoteljet lagluxury hotela harbour view roomconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Mandarin Oriental in central Hong Kong is one of my favourite hotel in the world.

its real luxury from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave.

the service is perfection and a real pleasure to spend a couple of days.
i would greatly recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floor for better views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stopped over here for two nights far better than expected. Great views over the harbour not so great if at rear of hotel, food great, service good you've got to have breakfast in your room a great treat and the prices wont empty your wallet.Only regret was that we did'nt have longer

Room Tip: rooms facing harbour best, try the cocktail bar
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in the world and know that an excellent hotel goes beyond the basic service, facilities and grandeur. It is the something extra that makes us guests feel special.

My friends and colleagues have been raving to me about the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong (MO HK). And I finally had the opportunity to stay in this hotel (in a basic room) after Christmas of 2013, and I was blown away by the level of service.

Here are some examples which I felt were special and had an extra personal touch:

1. I am based in Singapore and I received a personal call from the MO HK about a week before my stay to confirm my reservation. Most hotels would simply drop an email at most.

1. Most hotel porters will just deliver your luggage to your room and some would give you an overview of the in-room facilities. This service to me is considered basic, but what pleasantly surprised me at the MO HK was, besides doing these 2, that the porter bothered to tear off the airplane luggage tags from our luggage handles!

2. The turndown service is also something to look forward to. On our arrival night, we were given a jet lag recovery roll-on which I felt was unique. On the other nights, we had a pillow spray for a good night's sleep, bath salts for a good soak in the tub plus many more. You just get pampered in the MO HK.

3. My partner's hotel access card was de-activated a few times during our stay and got re-issued new cards each time. During one of the re-issuance, the service staff actually gave him a MO HK cardholder to hold the access card, to prevent the card from being de-activated due to close proximity to some mobile phones or magnetic objects. This gesture blew us away and really made us feel special.

These are just some of the special and personal moments I had during my stay at the MO HK which I felt that the service is above and beyond, and I hope you who are reading this post, will also find your special moments with the MO HK the next time you are there.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xoomus
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The service is impeccable, the location in Central is great, the rooms are very nicely furnished and equipped, and are a good size. It's expensive but if you get a deal it's worth it. It has a real touch of class and stylish charm.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong is perfection. Service, food, rooms, view, spa (of course) and just every single little detail. They noticed that one of the days during our stay was my birthday and sent up a chocolate cake (I normally don't like chocolate, but this was worth breaking habit). The room was pristine and beautiful, so well-thought out, so wonderful in every way. The drinks at and view from M Bar are just the best. No request is too much, even if it happens to be after check-out - asked the front desk/concierge to help make a couple of reservations for our last evening in HK and they were able to help get last-minute reservations at Pierre and a bar in another area in HK.

Can't wait to return!!