I just finished a week long stay at the Mandarin Oriental, where I stayed with a friend to celebrate Chinese New Year. The location is fantastic and the service is mostly really really good to exceptional. The room layout is smart; it's not an overly large room, but everything was set up for you to actually use it. The fitness room and spa are also great and over the week we ate at 4 of the restaurants. So for service, when it was exceptional, it took your breath away how someone would member your name and what you liked, it made it all very personal. However, the concierge service was inconsistent, the staff in Cafe Causette tried to convince 'we' really didn't want to eat there, yet we watched them graciously admit others, and also the servicing of the room was quite inconsistent. Billing is a bit sad because when you pay over $700 a night, you just don't expect to have to pay $10 (especially when it is free throughout Hong Kong) for internet and get an additional $50 service charge when you eat at the included breakfast buffet. Just a bit strange - it's liked they haven't completely committed to being a 5 star establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental