“World class”

Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #6 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This is a truly fantastic hotel. The moment you walk in the door it is obvious that you have entered one of the finest hotels in the world.

The rooms are beautiful.

The service is better than at any other hotel I've experienced.

There are excellent dining options and great nightlife on site.

The location is great.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msbutcher
Write a ReviewReviews (3,049)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very friendly staff. I arrived late in the evening and was very tired. They took me to my room and showed me around and really made me feel relaxed and comfortable. That is the first time any hotel has ever done that in my travels.
No issue to small to resolve quickly.
Rooms are very well appointed and clean. I would not change anything about the rooms.
Nice place to have breakfast either on your own or as a business meeting

Good location, very easy to navigate around Hong Kong via the rear entrance

Happily recommend

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Special effects? Enormous building? No thanks: i just want to be free to imagine to be at home, served and revered! Hihihi. That's why I chose Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong. I had what I expected and... more!
Everything is perfect with a lot of privacy. All the employees are so courteous: always present, never bulky. Services at top level.
Superior room: perfect for me and my two children.
Great location for everything you want to do in HK.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We felt welcomed from the moment we walked into the hotel. The service, particularly the concierge staff were exceptional and genuinely interested in bettering our experience of Hong Kong and the hotel itself. The attention to detail in the daily servicing of the room and the turn-down evening service were enough to make you feel special - I had left a scarf draped over a chair and returned to find it folded. I would love to model my own bathroom like the one in the room, especially the shower. Very easy location for access to shopping and sight-seeing and anything a little further afield the concierge team look after with full info and detail to ensure you have the best opportunity for a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I make it a point on my trips to Hong Kong to stay at least once a year at this elegant, superlative hotel. Each time I returned, as I did at the end of 2013, I was reminded of why the establishment deserves all the accolades from discerning travelers.
My last stay was as pleasant as the first time I stayed there over 30 years ago. Despite the intense competition posed by excellent newer hotels in the city, it has held on to its position at the top of the pecking order, a remarkable feat by any measure.
My two suggestions to the hotel are that first, it should provide two, not one, armchair in every room ( a source of perpetual mystification to me why 5-star hotels deliberately limit armchairs to one per room ); and second, to give preference to hotel guests who seek a table in its restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have used the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Hong Kong since 1990 and had the privilege of being one of the first guests to try the Mandarin Grill when it reopened after the hotel's complete refurbishment. I wouldn't choose to stay in any other hotel in Hong Kong, despite having stayed at the Penninsular, Conrad, Landmark and Shangri La when various company events have placed me there. The service culture at the hotel is so strong, we had their general manager come and describe the philosophy to our senior staff. If you want to be truly pampered, experience service that is second to none and be at the most central location for all of Hong Kong's attractions, this is the only place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing East have the best views but all are exceptionally appointed and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Well what can I say, the Mandarin Oriental, ticks all the boxes on every level. Beautiful, clean, the rooms are excellent, the staff are the most attentive and courteous I have ever come across. The gym is great. The food is of excellent quality. Couldn't fault it and this is the third time I have stayed here. Fabulous xx

Room Tip: All of them are good but request a harbour view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business