I have been staying at the Mandarin since the late 1970s and it really and truly represents all that Hong Kong is about -- excellence in quality and service and the best of East and West. From the first time you stay at the hotel, you will notice that virtually every staff member will soon know and address you by your family name. This starts at bellman that greets you, carries on to to the front desk and continues with the concierge and onward.
The property underwent a complete facelift a few years ago. I stayed in a Harbour Room, which afforded wonderful views of Hong Kong Harbour. The room has a small alcove area with a desk that separates from the rest of the room by a drawn curtain. The beds and linens and the most comfortable and cozy you could wish for. The bathroom is absolute luxury with an extra deep tub and separate shower with two adjustable shower heads. Each room has an extra large flat screen TV. The rooms are extremely well appointed and designed, using the best building materials and finishes. There was no expense spared -- fog free mirrors in the bathroom, tv and audio in the bathroom.
I highly appreciate the Mandarin's attention to detail. The desk is fully stocked with office supplies and tech requirements. The closet has comfy slippers and robes. The bath and shower amenities are always top notch and spa quality. The newspapers of my choice are always available and housekeeping is good about shining my shoes every night.
There is never any task that is too difficult for the concierge both when I am staying at the hotel and not.
The hotel is centrally located in the middle of Hong Kong's Central District. It is highly convenient to just about anywhere and taxis are always available.
The Mandarin Oriental is my home away from home in Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental