First visit after the renovations and over 10 years ago...and they still have my last visit details in the system! I'm very impressed. And they upgraded me instantly to a Harbour View room!!
I guess the lobby couldn't be changed at all, was basically almost the same layout. Unlike some of the other reviewers, no one explained to me the new room, and therefore i missed the morning papers which was in the butler compartment. The room and amenities made up for all that. Best hotel bed I've slept in for a long while.. Hermes toiletries, coolest looking hotel slippers (couldn't resist taking them home) Nespresso machine.
Breakfast was sufficient, not outstanding, but the seating could be improved, it looks cramped with lounge type seating even onto the walkway.
Will I stay there again? Definitely! But after I try out the Mandarin at the Landmark first..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental