I was given a spacious room - no fault there. I had to pay for WifI - not good when you are paying a few hundred pounds a night.
I just think they try to0 hard to be the hotel they were 50 years ago - everything glistens, a dozen staff everywhere opening doors and saying good morning. Couldn't get a table for breakfast one morning. One coffee cup served at a time, mounds of bread but no rolls, fruit under plastic containers with lids so low it was nearly impossible to get the fruit on my plate. It looked lovely and pristine as does everything there. The lights are so complicated you need a manual. For the people that come back year after year, I am sure they will continue to do so. I'll opt for the Landmark next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental