US$197
US$177
US$178
US$143
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$226
US$208
US$278
US$243
  • Pool
Regal Airport Hotel(Hong Kong)
US$195
US$182
3,223 results
All reviewsclipper loungecafe causettecaptains barman wahhermes toiletriesoriental suitecake shopbest hotels in the worldroom serviceharbour roomfour seasonsturn down servicetop floorfavorite hoteljet lagconcierge serviceluxury hotel
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It may be 60 years old but this hotel combines the old and the new seamlessly - it offers its guests a timeless sense of Asian tradition with all the mod cons and impeccable first class service.
Recently I was treated to a one night's stay for my Mothers Day gift, including a 3 hour spa treatment and Sunday lunch in the Clipper Lounge.
At check-in, I was fortunate to be upgraded to a suite and I was very impressed with the attention to detail in the room. For example, the gift of historic hotel postcards and a small bottle of fragrance at 'turn-down', the mood lighting options, a selection of CD's to play during your stay and a small TV in the bathroom vanity area.
The Spa was a lovely experience - I enjoyed a facial and a massage and the therapist was very skilled and attentive. (The only downside was the music which kept repeating itself over and over during the 3 hour period!)
Room service dinner was excellent with the waiter introducing himself by name when he arrived at the door.
The buffet lunch in the Clipper Lounge was also fabulous. Although it was Mothers Day and the restaurant was very busy, the staff were very proactive in clearing plates, bringing the platter of seafood to the table and refilling the free-flow champagne. The staff offered to take a family photo of us and presented me with a flower bouquet.
After returning home, I received an email advising that they had forgotten to charge me for a bottle of wine I had taken from the mini bar and wanted my approval to charge it to my credit card. (Most hotels wouldn't have even bothered to ask)
In a city dominated by fine hotels, the Mandarin Oriental is in a class of its own.
'Few hotels have defined a city as much as the Mandarin Oriental has Hong Kong.' (Travel & Leisure Magazine')

Room Tip: You will pay top price to get a harbour view, so be prepared to look out and into a sea of office buildings!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank spoonos65
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I have been here since last Wednesday and since I arrived I feel at home. All is done for you to feel comfortable. Is as if people could read your mind... All things are at the right place, they bring you little useful things and make sure your never out of anything!

Spa - you got to try it - just awesome!!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Superb hotel, certainly one of the very best I've stayed in. The rooms are large and very aesthetically furnished without being ostentatious. The beds are comfortable and the city view rooms enjoy spectacular views. The bathrooms really are magnificent - spacious, spotless and just splendid. Amazing hotel experience which cannot be recommended too highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 8 May 2014

OK, I haven't been to every hotel in the world (yet), but I've been to quite a few and the Mandarin is the one to which I dream of returning. Aside from the terrific location, the gorgeous public spaces and rooms and the fantastic restaurants, what keeps me coming back here is the service. Quite simply, the Mandarin has the finest service of any hotel in my experience (and there is some stiff competition among the five-star hotels in Asia).

I've come to the Mandarin on business, and with the family for holidays, and the experience has never been less than memorable. Worth every penny of what you pay for the room. Don't miss it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the Ice House Street side of the hotel, which have no view. All other views are quite lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lucada777
Reviewed 6 May 2014

An outstanding hotel with service to match. Unpretentiously one of the best hotels in the world. The hotel was refurbed 3 years ago and still has that new feeling. Located in central district only a few yards from the mtr and an easy walk to the ferries. A captains bar where deals of old Hong Kong were reached in the past. A trendy cocktail bar on the top floor, with great views of the city skyline.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business