Still a Great Hotel and a great flagship hotel for the firm. All the services were first class and the dining facilities meet most tastes. For business the location is almost perfect (you can do 1 hour business meetings on a budget of 1.5 hours and still be on time to the next meeting in Central. Also a great tourist hotel with easy access to the ferry terminal and harbor tours.
I was very fortunate on this stay (out of more than 20 prior stays) to be given a harbor view room. On my other stays (as a corporate "discount" client) I was give a non-view room and I must say that I missed out on a lot as a result. The harbor view is wonderful and gives you a sense for the "old Hong Kong" as the Mandarin is one of the few commercial buildings left from the 1960s in Central. If you have the chance, try to get a harbor view room on an upper floor. Soon the view will be blocked by high rise buildings to be constructed on reclaimed land between the hotel and the Star Ferry terminal. So, enjoy it while you can.
I also agree with the "classy" comment. Expect to feel underdressed as many of the elite clients are in the .001%.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental