We had spent three weeks touring China where the idea of service to tourists is still a bit hit and miss, so it was lovely to come to civilised Hong Kong and experience afternoon tea at the Mandarin Oriental hotel. We were shown quickly to our table and offered a menu. As there were three of us we opted for the afternoon tea for 3 people but there was so much food we could have ordered it for 2 people. The coffee and tea came quickly,- it would have been good to have been offered a fresh coffee and tea later, but we could have asked. The tiered cake stand with all the delicious treats looked gorgeous. The small quiche and savoury items were tasty and the sandwiches were delicious, especially the rye bread sandwich, but I felt there could have been more variety of sandwiches. The scones were delicious and there was a lovely selection of cakes. We then had a drink in the Captain's bar where the service was efficient and the wine delicious. Our visit to the Mandarin Oriental was a lovely way to finish our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental