This was my fourth stay at the Mandarin Oriental in five years and the fourth since it was reopened following refurbishment. It remains one of my favourite hotels to stay anywhere in the world and I find any excuse I can to go to Hong Kong so that I can stay there. There is great continuity of staff so that one recognises faces as old friends when one returns.The staff go out of their way to be helpful.
The rooms are very well appointed and comnfortable. I always find I have the best nights sleeps I have anywhere. There is total quiet notwithstanding there is a busy area all around.
For the first time I used the Mandarin Barber and had a top quality haircut and pedicure. The spa is also excellent. The only slight disappointment is the swimming pool which is small and can really only accommodate three people at a time. This is normally not a problem but on one occasion on this visit I did have to wait about 10 minuted before I could use the pool.
The restaurants and bars are excellent and the location in the middle of Central is excellent.
I cannot wait for my next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental