Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
  • Restaurant
Ovolo Central(Hong Kong)
  • Breakfast included
3,109 results
All reviewsclipper loungecafe causettecaptains barman wahhermes toiletriesoriental suitecake shopbest hotels in the worldroom servicefour seasonsturn down servicetop floorfavorite hoteljet lagluxury hotela harbour view roomconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2009

we had a recently refurbished harbour view room on the 9th floor; the foreshore regeneration site below caused no noise or light pollution.
every need in the room was catered for; nothing was a problem, whether finding a charger for an old generation nokia, or opening the blinds to see the view from the shower; at night the room was completely dark and the mattress soft, ensuring a sound sleep; the nifty little old fashioned service tray entry area was pretty cool too; very Maxwell Smart.
the food, whether plain room service or the world famous mandarin grill, was unbelievably above average; the simple wonton soup is a winner.
the service was perfect; even when I left my passport wallet in the taxi (oops) at the IFC station, the concierge rang me on my (international) mobile after it was sorted out - thank you mr taxi driver - just to make sure everything was indeed sorted out.
the spa treatments we had were all superb, whether manicure, pedicure or facial; all lovely
the hotel was wonderful when I first encountered it in the 80's, if anything, its better still now.
A final nice feature; the poor old cigar smokers have been banished from the Captains Bar from 1 July; I assume they have migrated to Savva Bar on level 25 of the Princes Building next door, but thats another (wonderful) story.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank canetoad59
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Service and rooms are phenomenal at this hotel. If you don't feel like venturing far, the bars and restaurants are excellent too. Location in Central seemed to make everywhere very easy to access. Very sad to leave as I know next few hotels, no matter how good, will just feel inferior. Fabulous hotel in a great city. We had a Harbour view room on the 18th floor for 5 nights.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RokaTraveller
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This was my fourth stay at the Mandarin Oriental in five years and the fourth since it was reopened following refurbishment. It remains one of my favourite hotels to stay anywhere in the world and I find any excuse I can to go to Hong Kong so that I can stay there. There is great continuity of staff so that one recognises faces as old friends when one returns.The staff go out of their way to be helpful.

The rooms are very well appointed and comnfortable. I always find I have the best nights sleeps I have anywhere. There is total quiet notwithstanding there is a busy area all around.

For the first time I used the Mandarin Barber and had a top quality haircut and pedicure. The spa is also excellent. The only slight disappointment is the swimming pool which is small and can really only accommodate three people at a time. This is normally not a problem but on one occasion on this visit I did have to wait about 10 minuted before I could use the pool.

The restaurants and bars are excellent and the location in the middle of Central is excellent.

I cannot wait for my next trip!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank PKFlanders
Reviewed 8 August 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our honeymoon as a stop over on the way to Bali. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite, which was amazing. The hotel never failed to surprise us from the start to finish and was easily the best hotel i've ever stayed in.

From the momnet we checked in the staff were brilliant, attentive but not overwhelmingly so. The lady who checked us in showed us to our 'room' and then told us we had been upgraded as we were on our honeymoon. The suite was amazing, with lounge area, walk in wardrobe, bedroom and the bathroom which was the best part of the room. It has a free standing shower in the middle of the room and the biggest bath tub which easily fit two over looking hong kong harbour. Im told by my wife that the toiletries are extremley good too.

On arriving back to our room on the first night the hotel had left a bottle of verve clique champagne in our room on ice, which was a very nice and unexpected touch.

Breaksfast was really good, choice of pretty much any type of breakfast you could want. Again the service was brillaint. We didnt sample any of the restaurants but did have a few cocktails in the bar which was nice.

Hotel is very well located, short walk the subway and star ferry. Near LKF and shopping malls.

Reading some other reveiews, people have complained about the building work going on opposite, but this isnt really the fault of the hotel and could have happened anywhere in the world, there was no noise from it though and it didnt spoil the view, depening on what they are building on the relcaimed land this may affect the room in future which would be a shame.

Only possible negative was that we were only staying 3 nights and the hotel internet service was a little pricey.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank mattbutt
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Very nice and large rooms, top of the class service, one of the very best hotels I have stayed at.

Strongly recommended. If you can afford the high ticket, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business