The hotel was exactly what I wanted from my short stay in Hong Kong - a room on the upper floors of a tall building with views across the bay to Kowloon. The view is awesome.
The hotel is a little worn, but not surprising, as it was very busy, and I guess it's like that almost all the time. The room, again, was a little lived in and perhaps a little old fashioned. Perhaps it could use a little sprucing up, but if I'd have wanted to pay for 5 star I'd have stayed somewhere else. The hotel was very good value and ticked all my boxes.
It's on the water, and at the heart of the Wan Chai shopping district.
If you want a fancy hotel experience and a huge room, you probably want to stay somewhere else, but if you want awesome views, a fantastic rooftop terrace bar/restaurant, easy access to transport, shops and bars, this will be fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong offers an unbeatable location for guests wishing to enjoy the city. Nestled in the heart of Causeway Bay’s vibrant shopping area, and overlooking Victoria Harbour, the hotel is only a five-minute drive from the city’s central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The Executive Floors have access to a comfortable private lounge with complimentary benefits. There is also a business centre, and extensive meeting and banquet facilities. The well-equipped wellness area comprises a Fitness Centre, sauna and steam rooms, and a selection of massage and beauty treatments. With six restaurants and bars including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, a contemporary rooftop restaurant and bar with an outdoor terrace, and an all-day dining café, the hotel provides the perfect blend of convenience and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong