Our family of four recently spent two nights at the Excelsior during a business/pleasure trip to Hong Kong. Decent experience overall. The lobby, fitness room, and other common areas are clean and modern. The rooms are clean as well, though the décor and furnishings are a bit dated. For family travel, one indispensable convenience was that they were able to provide us connecting rooms (one double, one with two twins), which are not always easy to find around Asia.
The hotel is centrally located - walking distance to plenty of shopping, dining, and sites including Victoria Park and the Central Library of HK. Only factor that hampered our experience was loud hall neighbors that woke us up several times during the night, but this was probably circumstantial and not characteristic of this property overall. Oh...and also, no swimming pool. =(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong offers an unbeatable location for guests wishing to enjoy the city. Nestled in the heart of Causeway Bay’s vibrant shopping area, and overlooking Victoria Harbour, the hotel is only a five-minute drive from the city’s central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The Executive Floors have access to a comfortable private lounge with complimentary benefits. There is also a business centre, and extensive meeting and banquet facilities. The well-equipped wellness area comprises a Fitness Centre, sauna and steam rooms, and a selection of massage and beauty treatments. With six restaurants and bars including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, a contemporary rooftop restaurant and bar with an outdoor terrace, and an all-day dining café, the hotel provides the perfect blend of convenience and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong