Just back from a work trip to Hong Kong and stayed in a standard room at the Excelsior during my time there. The highlight was definitely the location, smack in Causeway Bay and surrounded by shopping and food options. Service was surprisingly good too and staff were attentive and spoke good English.
The room was on the small side and the furnishing was rather dated with a noisy aircon and piping. That said, it was very clean, had everything I needed and I slept well during my stay.
Recommended if you want an affordable stay at a good location and don't mind an older style hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong offers an unbeatable location for guests wishing to enjoy the city. Nestled in the heart of Causeway Bay’s vibrant shopping area, and overlooking Victoria Harbour, the hotel is only a five-minute drive from the city’s central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The Executive Floors have access to a comfortable private lounge with complimentary benefits. There is also a business centre, and extensive meeting and banquet facilities. The well-equipped wellness area comprises a Fitness Centre, sauna and steam rooms, and a selection of massage and beauty treatments. With six restaurants and bars including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, a contemporary rooftop restaurant and bar with an outdoor terrace, and an all-day dining café, the hotel provides the perfect blend of convenience and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong