Everything was perfect from the first to the last minute.
We where picked up at the gate in the airport with a club car, escorted through customs and immigration and a porter was waiting to help us with the luggage at the baggage belt (o.k., we booked the Rolls-Royce transfer service).
Check-in was done in the room and we even could do it at 8.30am in the morning (our flight arrived at 6.45).
Breakfast (1st floor buffet) is wonderful, the swimmingpool is phantastic, the "Felix" a must (not only the gent's toilets :-)
We also had dinner at the Chinese restaurant (excellent Peking duck) and we where the only Europeans there. All other guest where locals...
The room was stunning (Grand Harbour view). Not enormously large but full of gadgets. There are three tablets where you can control everything - from the lights and curtains, Radio & TV to the room service menu. They even stream radio stations from all over the world - we where able to listen all the time to our beloved "Classic radio" from Hamburg. The bathroom was wonderful - all white and green marble and large enough for two at the same time with seperate shower and tub and double vanity.
The Concierge service was very friendly and helpful - we had a lot of email exchanges before and they organised tickets, restaurants etc.etc.
All the staff is efficient, friendly and very well trained - as you would expect in such a hotel.
The entrance to the MTR (subway) is just opposite the back entrance and from there you get everywhere - very convenient!
Whenever we come back to Hong Kong we will stay at the Peninsula - it's on our favourite list now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors. Contemporary and chic, The Peninsula Hong Kong is considered a legend of the East defining luxury hospitality. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and elements of personalisation, the rooms accent simplicity and elegance with an aesthetic that melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, eight award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade. A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula