This was my 2nd stay at the Peninsula Hong Kong. My first stay there was about 7 or 8 years ago. The hotel itself has undergone a major renovation. Although, outside it has preserved the same elegant image, inside every room has changed entirely. Everything in the room is computerized. Hotel uses ipad to control lighting, sound system, TV, curtain and all sort of entertainment. There are 3 ipads in our room, they are within your reach. I have to say it's very convenient. Room layout is very well comparted. There is a door between the closet (which serves as an entrance) and the bedroom making us feel a sense of privacy. Bathroom uses space efficiently. Though it is small, we didn't feel cramped when we were using it at the same time. Bed is soft and comfortable. Window protect us from hearing the noise from the road outside. Though we were staying on low floor, we didn't hear a single honking from outside traffic (which I think was very unusual in Hong Kong). Location is very convenient, close to major shopping arcades and brandname shops. For breakfast, we decided not to eat at the buffet. We had it at the pool. View of the bay was great. There were only two of us. Staff were attentive however food were slow. Front desk was very helpful. We got a upgrade offer at check-in to a better room category on a smoking floor. Staff took us to the room to see if we would want it. We decided not to take the offer because somehow the gadgets in that room didn't function and the room (practically entire floor) was filled with cigarette smell. We were happy with the room we reserved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Travelbag, Ebookers and Destinology so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula