The Peninsula Hong Kong
US$150
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$203
Hotel ICON Official Website
US$238
Shangri-La.com
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$184
US$148
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$281
US$240
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$108
Hotel Direct
1,816 results
All reviewsrolls roycespring moonnail dryergrand damefelix baroscar de la rentahigh techiconic hotelgrand deluxe harbour viewthrough immigrationbest hotels in the worldshopping arcadelobby restaurantpure luxuryup to dateroom serviceluxury hotel
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here in January 2014 and the entire stay was outstanding. The staff were simply amazing, even the little things like stopping and allowing you to pass them when you walk down the hallway, and always greeting every guest go a long way in leaving a lasting impression of professionalism and courtesy. The rooms were world class, have you ever stayed in a hotel where the rooms are controlled entirely from a touch screen device? Have you been in a bathtub with a TV? It just got better and better. The rooms even had a cupboard to place your shoes, where the concierge would remove them from the outside of the room, buff them and return them almost immediately. Truly an excellent service as I was staying there for a wedding. The pool and spa areas were luxurious.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nick T
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Very good location and hotel facilities, spacious room, touch screen control of lights, electric appliance in the room, very beautiful view from the swimming pool.....

However, I am disappointed at the hotel service which claims to be the strength of the hotel:

1) Check-in: When I checked in around 13:30, I was told the room was not ready until around 14:30 to 15:00. Well, I can understand the big season during the Chinese New Year so I took the lunch in the lobby. I asked twice after 14:30, the receptionists were nice but I had to wait until sometime after 15:00. The second time the receptionist told me to get a seat or have a drink in the lobby and I would be informed when the room was ready. I told her I was taking lunch in the lobby. The truth is the lobby was full of people waiting, either queue for the famous afternoon tea or standing for the room to be ready - it is like a train station my wife said. I did not know how can I get seated if I would not take the lunch in the lobby right after I get in the hotel. I waited until 15:20 when I saw the large group of people disappeared - I assume the rooms were ready - and asked the receptionist the 3rd time. Now the room was ready. I don't need the lip service of the receptionist: first, no seats were available in such period of time - I don't think she will help me to find one; second, nobody informed me about the room availability until I asked again. Why overpromise?

2) Lunch experience in the lobby: the waiters were busy, or rushed to do lots of things. I ordered the set lunch with 3 courses. When the main course came, the waiter just took away my salad (I haven't finished yet) without asking me whether I finished.

3) Now came the most disappointed one: I left my passport and keys in the safe when I checked out at around 12:20. I deposited my luggage with the hotel and took the afternoon tea starting 15:00. I left the hotel for airport at 17:00. I did not realize my passport was not with me until I started check-in in the airport. I called the hotel and was immediately confirmed they had my passport and keys kept in the room service (or another division?). I asked for the delivery of the passport and keys to the airport which the hotel did in 40 minutes.

I really appreciate the quick delivery service which made me catch the flight. I just don't understand why the hotel didn't find ways to catch me before I called them: I provided the telephone number when I check-in, I deposited my luggage with the hotel until 17:00....The hotel did NOTHING until I called.....It is the passport I left in the hotel, not the clothes, or small things which I may not use for a while!!!!!! It is the 1st time I left the passport in the hotel so I don't know what the other hotels do on this occasion. But being a hotel famous for or proud of the service to the client, I can only say it is definitely NOT up to my standard.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Jim Z
peninsula_phk, Resident Manager at The Peninsula Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to apologise for the delay you experienced upon check-in due to the high occupancy and your unpleasant experience at The Lobby during lunch. Please rest assured that the appropriate actions have been taken to rectify the issues you highlighted.

We are deeply sorry about the passport and keys left behind in your room, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. A careful review will be made. However, we were happy to learn that our staff managed to arrange the delivery before catching your flight.

We very much regret that your last visit was tarnished and would like to thank you once again for sharing your disappointment with us as it is only through such valuable comments that we are able to improve our standard of service.

Thank you once again for choosing The Peninsula, and do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to restore your confidence in The Peninsula.

Best wishes

Xavier Pougnard
Resident Manager
Phone: +852 2696 6565
Email: xavierpougnard@peninsula.com

Reviewed 4 February 2014

after a brief visit this hotel is one that does tick most boxes however it costs a small fortune to stay,eat and drink at this location,the deco is world class,a bit dated but all in the right theme and spirit that they portray ,great experience,very busy and service was exceptionally good,very quick,effective and tables cleaned immediately née vacated ,well worth a visit if your in town and the bathrooms well lets say its worth a visit!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Caron R
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We decided to treat ourselves and end our Far East trip at the Peninsula, we arrive around 9p.m.and there was one person on reception who was dealing with someone else, and she did not acknowledge us and we waited for around 5 minutes, then finally someone else came over to look after us. We were taken to our room on 21st floor with an incredible view of Hong Kong Island, all the buildings were lit up. We were shown around the room and there is a coffee machine, many teas but no herbal tea, as we only drink herbal we asked for some but were advised that they did not provide this and we would have to pay for it!! Not a good start!
The room had every gadget and socket you could want for even a nail varnish dryer, the bed was huge and very comfortable. All the extras one would like (except herbal tea!) The next day the Front Office manager did organise the tea for us complimentary!
The swimming pool was amazing, all beautifully done with incredible view of Hong Kong island, there is a sauna, steam, Jacuzzi and the staff to very helpful. We had breakfast here one forming overlooking the city and river - amazing. it is a city hotel so very busy, the lounge area in on the ground floor serves afternoon tea and they allow around 30 people to stand a wait until there is a table, this makes the lounge very crowded and not somewhere as a resident you would wish to sit. overall the hotel is fantastic, they do need to improve on the above. We paid for a harbour view and this was stunning, I would really recommend it.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the harbour view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank UKMary611
peninsula_phk, Resident Manager at The Peninsula Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Madam

Thank you very much for your feedback. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our services and facilities met your expectations.

Your suggestion to add herbal teas in the room has been duly noted and a careful review will be made. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us as it is only through such valuable comments that we are able to improve our standard of service.

Thank you once again for choosing The Peninsula, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Best wishes

Xavier Pougnard
Resident Manager
Phone: +852 2696 6565
Email: xavierpougnard@peninsula.com

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I think there is no doubt that The Peninsula Hong Kongs one of the best hotels in the world. But let me share my experience with you.

We ordered to be picked up by the Rolls Royce from and to the airport. If you would like to splurge, I recommend this pick up service. Why not! :-) We stayed at the Grand Deluxe Harbour View room. It was amazing that we got the famous Hong Kong light show every night from our room exclusively and effortlessly. So we did not need to go out to see the light show. Although we went out to stand by the harbour and watch the light show from outside on our first night.

I love the (what so called in The Peninsula website) LED touch screen wall panes. It controlled everything from tv, lights, curtain, temperature, until the "do not disturb" sign. You can check this out in their website. The dimension was (more less) like a thicker iPad. Very nice and handy. We had 3 in our room. One at each bed side and one at the office desk by the window.

The bathroom... Was a magic!! We could watch tv whilst bathing, there was mood lighting (woow!) and we could choose which music that we wanted to hear from the panel next to the bath. Amazing!

The little sofa on the left hand side to relax and read was lovely and we had a dining table in the room. There is a room layout drawing in their website that you can see, it is exactly like our room.

In addition, we ordered quite a lot of in-room dining. My favourite was the noodle and dumplings soup. The Korean glass noodle was good too. Breakfast was excellent. We tried to have breakfast both at The Lobby (where the famous afternoon tea is) and at The Verandah. The Lobby was more à la carte and The Verandah was buffet. The fresh made (in front of you) congee (Hong Kong porridge) was fab. One could choose what meat that one wanted. I could eat dim sum as much as I wanted too :-) as one of my targets when I was there was to eat as much dim sum as I could in Hong Kong.

Last but not least, I love the flower wallpaper on the left hand side of our room. Classy.

Room Tip: Harbour view is the best, I believe. We stayed on the 25th floor in a Grand Deluxe Harbour View room. Amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple