This is the perfect Hong Kong hotel though it's on the Kowloon side. I've stayed here for thirty years. I've also stay at the mandarin and the four seasons. But I keep coming back to the Peninsula. In my opinion, it's still the best. The service is professional and outstanding. The rooms are lovely and very peaceful ( once you learn how to use the new hi tech pad where you can open the drapes, call room service (and order dinner or a snack) and housekeeping, order a movie to be shown on your flat screen tv, turn the lights on and off and lock the doors. Once this is simple, everything comes together. The rooms have everything one needs, comfortable couches, chairs and a good mattress. Lovely green marble bathroom with double vanities, a separate shower and tub, a small (extra) tv and soft, very large bath towels. The view of the harbor could be lovely if it were not for the smog and fog. Our room had a large picture window with a nu obstructive view. It was a shame that the smog was so think. Breakfast in the veranda is a treat. You can have the typical dim sum or just about any and everything that can be ordered at breakfast time. The Spring Moon a Restaurant is excellent for Cantonese cuisine as is their fine Gaddis for a continental menu. Tea in the lobby is perfect with violins playing in the background buy a reservation is necessary. And the location is perfect. Have them pick you up in a vintage rolls or a bently to begin your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula