“Homey and flawless”

Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
Ranked #13 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 8 November 2012

It's the first time stayed in this hotel. I felt immediately like home.
The staffs were polite and helpful.
The room were specious with classic design. It had free wifi and a printer-fax machine in the room - a very useful feature for a business traveller.
Pillows, towels and linen were excellent.
The in-dining service was excellent with variety menu from asian to western style.
It had a corridor to the Pacific Place Mall and Conrad Hotel, very convenient.
It's a reachable location by MTR too (stop at Admiralty - Tsuen Wan Line; via Pacific Place Mall)

Room Tip: Try to have a harbor view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GNW325

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights on 30th and 31st Oct.
Nice hotel and had a good room with a nice view.
However, had to wait for 2 hrs for an early checkin although had put in a request for the same at the time of booking. Nevertheless they made up by giving me a good room
Centrally located and most bank buildings in Central Area
Buffet breakfast is quite good
Would recommend

Room Tip: Try for a room at a higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

A perfect stay in Hong kong. Friendly reception including some fresh green tea and a basket if fruit. Impeccable standards. Everything I needed had already been considered and was available at a drop of a hat. Delicious food, including my 3am jet lagged wanton noodle soup which arrived in 20 mins. I enjoyed the gym.

I guess most people would expect nothing less of this hotel, but it's reassuring to see that it lives up to its reputation.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Although it has been a while ago ( months not years), I have to say that of all my travels, the Island Shangri La Hotel is one of the best properties I have ever stay at. It is elegant, contemporary, classy, and the service is just unique.
The Club lounge is delighful, with amazing views and endless options of snacks and drinks.
The rooms are spacious and full of every complimentary need; from toiletries to bath robe and slippers, and a fruit selection.
The bed is just so soft.. and you can even choose your pillow from a menu!! How cool is that!
I can not quite recall the name of the restaurant we ate at within the hotel, but I do remeber that the food was delicious and the wine selection superb.
Location wise the hotel is ideally located in the business district, only minutes from the botanic garden, and not far from Victoria Peak.
I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can spend a little extra, go for the rooms with Harbour view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Island Shangri-la has been around since early 1990's when I lived in Hong Kong and it was the new kid on the block. Twenty years since and this property still holds it's own with many new competitors. Location is great, on the island close to Central, Wanchai and above a major MTR station. Service is top notch at this property. We do not frequent this hotel as often as we do other Shangri-la properties but the staff treats us as if we are there once a month. Club floor is best in the chain!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here on a business trip with colleagues. We pre-arranged a hotel car to drive us from the airport to the hotel and upon clearing customs, we were greeted by people who treated us like royalty. They took our bags and took us right to a waitig car. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by name, whisked past the front desk right to our rooms, where somehow, our bags were already brought up. Rooms are very spacious, imaculately clean and the harbour views are awesome. There's no detail too small - from the complimentary bottled water, fresh fruit and candies that were restocked daily, fully stocked fridge and snack area with tea and coffee, to the bathroom where they had a complete set of toiletries just in case you forgot something. No need to call the desk, it was already there. The carpets in the elevators are changed daily with the day of the week on them. This is the level of effort and detail that was evident throughout our stay. The property itself is in a great location that's convenient to just about everything on the island. We found the lobby bar to be a great place to meet and relax and the service was fast and freindly. The concierge was very helpful in pointing out a few "local" attractions within walking distance of the hotel. I've stayed at several hotels in Hong Kong over the years and this is by far my favorite place to stay and I will definately be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I had high expectations of this hotel and I am happy to report they were adequately met.

Location:

This was my first visit to HK and I didn't really know where anything was but found the location of the hotel to be very handy for shopping, public transport and was within walking distance of lots of good bars and restaurants.

Service:

Totally outstanding in every way. The staff at this hotel can't do enough for you. Standards of service are high in East Asia but this is as good as any hotel I have stayed in. When we arrived at the hotel, we were met at the door and the check in was done in the room. I did have cause to complain about one small issue but the hotel more than redeemed themselves, so ended up more than satisfied.

Room:

I went for a Horizon Club Room, so was put on a higher floor. The room commanded fantastic views of the harbour and was a really good size. Bed comfort was really good and I slept really well. The air-con efficiency was ok but not fantastic - it kept the room a bit above where I like it but that said, I do like a bedroom to be cold. The bathroom was really nice and was well stocked with nice products which my wife enjoys taking home with her. Of course, the housekeeping standard was excellent.

Bars / Restaurants:

We spent a lot of time in the Horizon Club lounge and the service in here was really good and there was always good quality food available and very nice drinks / snacks in the evening. We also ate at the poolside restaurant, which was good and it's quite a nice place to be for an evening drink too. The bar in the lobby was also quite pleasant. Breakfast was nice, with a good selection of hot food available to order and a good sized buffet available. We didn't try the buffet breakfast in the main hotel though but I heard it was good.

Overall:

If you can afford it, stay here. I really liked this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple