I enjoyed a five-night stay at the Island Shangri-La over the New Year's period (late December 2012-early January 2013). The property is as beautiful as one would expect of the Shangri-La, but what really set the Island Shangri-La apart was its outstanding service - by far the best and most personalised I've experienced in a large hotel. I felt welcomed and looked after from the moment I was greeted at the airport, to the moment I was chauffeured back to the airport and escorted to the airline check-in desk at the conclusion of my stay.
Two stand outs for me were the Horizon Club (after just my first visit the staff remembered my name and preferred tea) and the housekeeping team (returning to my room in the evenings was a pleasure - the attention to detail of the room attendants was superb). Despite the hotel being fully booked for the New Year's festivities, nothing was too much trouble.
For me, the hotel is a central part of my destination, and I like spending time experiencing all that it has to offer. The Island Shangri-La was the perfect choice for this, my first trip to Hong Kong. My experience has inspired me to return, and to discover more Shangri-La properties in my future travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong