Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
US$150
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$203
US$337
US$182
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$184
US$148
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$281
US$240
Langham Official
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$79
Hotel Direct
2,214 results
All reviewspacific placehorizon clublobster barsummer palacepeak view roomadmiralty mtr stationpeak tramguest relationsharbour viewshopping malllobby loungerooms are spaciousjw marriottoutdoor poolbusiness tripbreakfast buffet isfour seasons
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Booked executive suite for business meetings just to be told room would not be ready at standard check-in time of 14:00 due to previous guest paying for late check out! So hotel only going for money instead of customer service. I have been coming to this hotel frequently but this will be my last visit, seems hotel focused as in the past.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank JacoCV
ISLHK, General Manager at Island Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear JacoCV,

Thank you for your review. I apologise for the disappointing experience you encountered at our hotel. I would like to make up for this shortcoming and would appreciate if you could contact me directly at franz.donhauser@shangri-la.com to give me the opportunity to provide true Shangri-La Hospitality on your future visits.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Glitzy, busy, good location but soulless. Just stayed 5 nights (not consecutive) in a Hilton Hounours floor king, harbour view room. Decent room. Not too cramped even with a cot for our 11 yr old. All amenities you'd expect at a hotel like this and for the high price. The club floor lobby of the 56 th floor is very nice, even verging on charming and is a quiet oasis with a nice breakfast, tea service all day and scones, cream, cookies and drinks out for the rest of the day and evening. Could use a few extra savoury options during day and evening.
The gym is spacious, bright and has a pretty outlook into a big banyan tree in the park between our hotel and the Conrad. Friends at the Conrad say their gym is a dank hole in the basement. Here the gym and locker room spa pool area are all nicely done. Oddly the air con is set too warm in the gym area. I've never been so hot while I worked out. Seems like an easy fix.
Staff is polite and efficient. Our air con in our room,leaked...and I mean flood not trickle. They came right away (luckily we were in The room when it happened) and offered to move us to a different room. But once you've unpacked and settled in that is a huge hassle so we elected to,stay. They brought in the heavy duty industrial extractors etc and got the water up but the room stayed humid and musty. Our laundry (rinsed out exercise gear) wouldn't dry on the line overnight so the hotel dried it for us complimentary. We also,asked for a dehumidifier which they provided. They also,sent chocolates,etc. All very nice but we still should probably have suffered the hassle and moved.
So what are my complaints? Just so glitzy and overdone but without character. Nothing really to set it apart. The 56th floor would be my favourite part and the only part where you may actually feel like you are in colonial Hong Kong and not just another glitzy hotel anywhere in the world. But maybe that is just my complaint about HK in general now.

Room Tip: You can't beat watching the harbour anywhere in HK. Get a harbour view room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank s0j0urner
ISLHK, General Manager at Island Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear s0j0urner,

Thank you for your review. I am concerned we gave you the feeling that the hotel is soulless. Our mission is "To delight our guests every time by creating engaging experiences straight from our hearts". I apologise for the disappointing experience you encountered in our guest room and I will ensure the necessary improvements are made. I was pleased to read your kind comments of our Horizon Club Lounge. Please contact me directly at franz.donhauser@shangri-la.com to give me the opportunity to make up for this disappointment and to provide true Shangri-La Hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The service in the hotel is on par with usual service in Hong Kong, so no plus there. The rooms are dated. I have stayed on 2 occassions, and both times the rooms smell like mildew, or some sort of stale smell. The toiletries are nothing speacial - their own brand. The robes are worn and tired. Both times I stayed something was wrong - air conditioning making loud noises, shades not working properly, plumbing not working properly. I did like the pool area, even though I did not actually swim there - it was still a nice place to relax and read a book.

I would not recommend this to my friends given the other options around the area.

5  Thank NYCtravel
ISLHK, General Manager at Island Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear NYCtravel,

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologise for the disappointing experience you encountered in our guest room; I will ensure the necessary improvements are made. Please contact me directly at franz.donhauser@shangri-la.com to give me the opportunity to take the corrective action for the room you stayed in.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I like Hong Kong, at least I used to like it when it was more distinguished,no nouveaux riches, no mainlanders but like this ?
Okay I got it, HK is part of China now , but if communism means nouveaux riches mainlanders arrive with suitcases full of cash, make a big fuss everywhere, ruin the most expensive place in town and even get more attention than a westerner than really, forget about this place.
I am in the Shangri-la right now. okay it is luxury,okay it is in front of the British Council,has a TOP NOTCH mall ,pacific place 20 yards away but the lack of attention of the staff, the guileless indifference i am experiencing right now is not worth 765 us a night. i am really glad my company pays for it because i would feel really .........(elaborate a verb,prefarably 4 letters:)) !!!
wow this is bad.
coffee in the rooms and dairy creamer out of packages,does it cost too much to provide free room service at this rate?okay i get the executive lounge being golden circle member,but even there ...waiting,frowning,and bothring... you are asking for a table for the high tea and have to queue up like a real twit (no offence meant) yearning to pay 80 us for some stale scones ? yelling mainland chinese people in the hallways with cigar smoke in the air coming from the adjacent rooms!!!!
almost fighting over a table to get breakfast ?
in a 900 us hotel,a night ???(with taxes and tips)
wow this is bad. i will try the peninsula again next time...
HK WAS SO MUCH NICER EVEN 10 YEARS AGO....SIGH :)
highly disappointed !!!

Room Tip: try to get the top floor .gorgeous and pricey :) views.stay away from smoking and yelling hordes of mainlanders !!!
5  Thank adrianmiami

Dear adrianmiami,

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologise for the disappointing experience you encountered at our hotel and I will ensure the necessary improvements are made. Please contact me directly at franz.donhauser@shangri-la.com to give me the opportunity to make up for this disappointment and to provide true Shangri-La hospitality.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Shangri-la experience begins with your airport pick-up when you settle into your Mercedes limo and are whisked to the hotel door, in 35 minutes without traffic. From your car you are escorted to your room for a fast and effortless check-in by a friendly and knowledgeable person, perhaps named Peony. Your room is large and elegantly appointed, with a high ceiling, dark-colored wood trim and a large and modern bathroom. The desk is large, wifi is free, and the electrical outlets near the desk work for all varieties of plugs.

Like all Shangri-las, service is exemplary, but this one is over the top. Some small examples: the carpets in the elevators show the day of the week in script, and thus are changed every night. Your room is checked and tidied every time you leave it (or at least it seems). I left a half-empty glass of water on my desk and returned to find it topped with a small paper doily, to keep the dust out I guess. Your shirts come back from the cleaners in a wicker box with a sachet of something that smells nice.

I used room service for some of my meals and it was great. The food arrived on-time or early and was hot and tasty. Again, service was impeccable. The breakfast buffet is excellent but it can be a bit of a madhouse if you arrive at the peak time. Also, the lobby is rather small and crowded, so that if you are waiting for someone, you may have to stand. In the afternoon or early evening you may hear classical music played by a small ensemble in the lobby bar.

The location could not be improved upon as it is adjacent to Pacific Place, a 4-level mall (with the most expensive stores on the top floor, the cheapest at the bottom). Hong Kong Park is also adjacent, and on a Sunday afternoon it is perfect for people watching. The scenery is lovely, and the aviary is worth a visit.

Checkout is friendly and efficient, and when your car drops you at the airport, you are met by a hostess who takes your bags to the check-in counter. She leaves you there, and your Shangri-la experience ends.

Room Tip: A view of the harbor costs a bit more but is worth it.
3  Thank David W
ISLHK, General Manager at Island Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear David W,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel. I trust that Peony will be glad to see your compliments. It is indeed our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.