“The Island Shangri-la is superb!”

Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
Ranked #11 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Island Shangri-La was home for a week. Perfectly located in the heart of Hong Kong, the Island Shangri-La served up sophisticated comfort, in an elegant setting, to perfection. My stay at the Shangri-La was characterized by how anticipated all my individual needs were. Wonderful personable staff exceeded my expectations in all regards. The architectural flourishes aspire to envelop you in the welcoming smiles of the Island Shangri-La,
Randy Brown
Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed a couple of times at this hotel. But I did not realize that their services are great until now.
I dropped my cardigan inside hotel and they could not find my item at the Lost and Found section while I was there. However I got an email that they found that they found my item fortunately.
Then they sent my item by overseas courier, so that I got my item back within 2days!!
I've never have the efficient services like that. I am sure that I will come back to the hotel in the future again. Also their housekeeping staff are so friendly and kind !! I love this hotel.

Room Tip: You can find good deals on Expedia and Hotel.com.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rackiesha
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and i decided to splurge a little bit for our last two nights in Hong Kong, so we chosen this hotel. The hotel is located in a great location in central. Good shopping and restaurants around. Hotel staff was extremely helpful. The room looks elegant and spacious. The chinese tea upon arrival in the room was lovely touch. Highly recommended hotel for your next trip to Hong Kong!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hong Kong is fascinating, the weather is hot and humide and the best refuge we found was the Shangri-la where you are A guest not a customer.The welcome start at the lobby with excellent attention and soft 4 instrument orchestra.

Room Tip: all the equipment and amenities of top quality and in excellent working order. The house keeping ser...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tayeb Z
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband, daughter and i spent 2 nights in april at the hotel before boarding a cruise to China.
we were on a club floor which enabled us to use the Club Lounge. the service and choice of food throughout the day and evening was superb. the view from our room was excellent and we could even see our cruise ship docked on the kowloon side of the harbour. the gym and spa area was wonderful and my daughter enjoyed her swim in the pool even though april is not that warm in hong kong. the breakfast was spectacular with a wonderful choice of asian and western delights.

Room Tip: the harbour facing view rooms on a club level is best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Shangri-La group hotels are always a good choice in terms of amenities and service. We particularly enjoy the pool area. The location of the hotel is excellent - it is close to a beautiful park and adjacent to the Pacific Place mall as well as being an easy walk to Central.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

fantastic service, excellent ambiance, superbe view. Perfect location on the upper side of Hong Kong. Good restaurant all around if you want to escape from the hotel. As usual Shangri la welcome is not a legend,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business