“The best - simple as that” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Shangri-La Hong Kong

Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
Ranked #11 of 713 Hotels in Hong Kong
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“The best - simple as that”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Readers of my reviews will know that I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world. I also know that there are millions of hotels that I have not stayed in but I can safely say this is the best hotel I know, at least as far as an executive floor (Horizon Club) stay is concerned. I am not going to go into detail like I usually do but this recent 2 day stay with my wife was exceptional. We could not find one single fault with the hotel - absolutely nothing - everything a discerning guest could ask for was provided and anticipated or if it wasn't, it was responded to instantly.

It is quite expensive by world standards but all Hong Kong is expensive so that is not a criticism. No - I have been racking my brain to find a fault but couldn't. Well done SL - we were very impressed - keep up the good work and try to pass on some of your standards to other hotels in the Group that are perhaps not quite up to your standards.

Room Tip: Stay in the Horizon Club - its an experience above most Exec Club floors. Try to get a harbour view...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Grafton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Island Shangri-La was home for a week. Perfectly located in the heart of Hong Kong, the Island Shangri-La served up sophisticated comfort, in an elegant setting, to perfection. My stay at the Shangri-La was characterized by how anticipated all my individual needs were. Wonderful personable staff exceeded my expectations in all regards. The architectural flourishes aspire to envelop you in the welcoming smiles of the Island Shangri-La,
Randy Brown
Toronto, Canada

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels

Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed a couple of times at this hotel. But I did not realize that their services are great until now.
I dropped my cardigan inside hotel and they could not find my item at the Lost and Found section while I was there. However I got an email that they found that they found my item fortunately.
Then they sent my item by overseas courier, so that I got my item back within 2days!!
I've never have the efficient services like that. I am sure that I will come back to the hotel in the future again. Also their housekeeping staff are so friendly and kind !! I love this hotel.

Room Tip: You can find good deals on Expedia and Hotel.com.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rackiesha
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and i decided to splurge a little bit for our last two nights in Hong Kong, so we chosen this hotel. The hotel is located in a great location in central. Good shopping and restaurants around. Hotel staff was extremely helpful. The room looks elegant and spacious. The chinese tea upon arrival in the room was lovely touch. Highly recommended hotel for your next trip to Hong Kong!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hong Kong is fascinating, the weather is hot and humide and the best refuge we found was the Shangri-la where you are A guest not a customer.The welcome start at the lobby with excellent attention and soft 4 instrument orchestra.

Room Tip: all the equipment and amenities of top quality and in excellent working order. The house keeping ser...
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Tayeb Z
Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband, daughter and i spent 2 nights in april at the hotel before boarding a cruise to China.
we were on a club floor which enabled us to use the Club Lounge. the service and choice of food throughout the day and evening was superb. the view from our room was excellent and we could even see our cruise ship docked on the kowloon side of the harbour. the gym and spa area was wonderful and my daughter enjoyed her swim in the pool even though april is not that warm in hong kong. the breakfast was spectacular with a wonderful choice of asian and western delights.

Room Tip: the harbour facing view rooms on a club level is best
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Shangri-La group hotels are always a good choice in terms of amenities and service. We particularly enjoy the pool area. The location of the hotel is excellent - it is close to a beautiful park and adjacent to the Pacific Place mall as well as being an easy walk to Central.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com