I stayed at the Island Shangri-la for 2 months and could not recommend a better hotel in Hong Kong. I also stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a month separately.
- Amazing staff - they remember your special preferences and really go out of their way to make your stay convenient e.g. they prepared cut mangoes and blueberries every morning for me for breakfast and had it ready by the time I arrived. Even the general manager, Mr. Donhauser is very approachable and goes out of his way to personally make your stay comfortable
- Large rooms with amazing views of either the Harbour or the Peak. Harbour View rooms are larger
- Great room amenities - they have a valet stand and proper shoe rack in the closet that allows your leather soles to air
- Top notch sport facilities - pool has a lane for swimming laps and also closes late. I'm a swimmer and this was important. Grand Hyatt pool was much longer but wasn't straight and it closed at sunset. The gym facilities are equivalent to an outside gym. They even had a spinner bike
- Convenient location next to Admiralty with access to the MTR, tram, buses etc.
- Luxurious lounge at the top with amazing views. Breakfast in the lounge is really good and you get to order hot dishes. There's also a good selection of snacks and alcohol for evening drinks
- High quality food and beverage options with the abundance of restaurants in the hotel
- There were often long lines or waiting times for taxis, which were quite frustrating when you wanted to get somewhere quickly
- Room is getting a little dated - so the position of sockets is often inconvenient i.e. not next to the bed. I understand some renovations are in the plans though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong