First the location is excellent. The Pacific Place mall is right below the hotel. It's about a 22HKD cab ride to the airport express station or to the ferries or LKF and bank buildings.
the rooms are top notch, personal fax machines, Different types of international power outlets, 2 ethernet ports, wireless, automated lights, curtains, etc. (Don't get why it's metallic keys though)
The service is pretty good, but is sometimes too much. Some days it felt like my room was visited 4 or 5 times for servicing. New ice. New fruit. Evening turn down service. Welcome Tea. etc.
The bell hops ask you where you want to go and write it down, although most cab drivers speak English.
At check-in someone greets you at the door to take you to the front desk, feels unnecessary.
Very good hotel, not sure if I would pay almost $500/night to stay there though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong