What a lovely hotel to stay in on Hong Kong island. Its all been said in previous reviews - lovely rooms of a good size, great bathrooms, nice views, helpful staff, well set up gym, useful business centre etc etc.
The breakfast buffet had some lovely selections (even vegemite for us Aussies) but the cooked Western breakfast wasn't the best I have ever had - but then you don't go to Hong Kong to eat a Western breakfast do you!
Hong Kong island is definitely quieter than Kowloon and we used the opportunity to visit Hong Kong park (just across the road - beautiful place for a walk), take the Peak tram (a short walk through Hong Kong park - and go early to miss the queues!), and party a bit in Wan Chai (you can take a tram for as far as you like).
The Island Shangri-la is connected to Admiralty MTR via a large shopping centre which has plenty of shops and eateries, and a 7-11 not far away.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong