Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
Great 4.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    Chelsea Hotel(Hong Kong)
    3,875 results
    All reviewshorizon clubtapas barcafe koolshang palaceharbour viewchinese teaguest relationsour honeymoonwonderful hotellobby loungevictoria harbourrooms are largethe star ferry terminalnathan roadlight showbreakfast buffet ischinese restaurant
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed here New Year Eve 10/11 was a lovely hotel but for the money I think its not the best value. We were a family with 2 children and the check in was carried out in the room which was nice. Service good but a little too much at times. Breakfast was average considering - and very busy. Was nice for the occasion and the bed was really comfy.
    Lovely limo service from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
    Reviewed 27 April 2011

My wife and I stayed 4 wonderful honeymoon nights on the 21st floor (Harbor view).

At $650 USD per night I'm hesitant to waste time writing about the wonderful toiletries or the fine linens, frankly I'd expect nothing less than what they provided.

The Club Level staff was especially delightful and added greatly to our experience. Their service and attention to every detail exceeded my expectations.

Allow me to make a few quick points;

* Checking in on the Club Level will spoil you. The welcome was warm and seemed sincere.

* Flowers, chocolates and a card expressing their congratulations and best wishes were a pleasant surprise.

* Sadly, our room had a most unpleasant order. At first I thought it had been a smoking room however I was informed that it was due to all the rain. (?) They graciously washed the carpets and delivered an air purifier which helped somewhat. We were offered a different room on a lower floor which we declined.
    A disappointing circumstance at best…

* The weight room and sauna areas were very impressive and well maintained.

* I avoided the pool area due to its small size and oppressing acoustics. Imagine screaming children in a tile walled echo camber ...not good unless you travel with kids.

* Club benefits were first rate. The breakfast was ample, tasty and professionally served. I would suggest to management however that they limit the amount of guests with access as it got uncomfortably crowded on several mornings.

* The harbor view was terrific. To be honest the largest buildings in Hong Kong are not visible from this hotel. During our last visit we stayed a few block west and were able to enjoy the light show each evening.

* The location from a public transportation stand point is hard to beat. Additionally the neighborhood is one of the best in Kowloon.

Yes, we liked the hotel and are glad we stayed there. My wife and I have decided Hong Kong is perhaps our favorite city on the planet and we will return without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 24 April 2011

The service here is phenomenal; the front desk did all they could to enable an early check-in (11:00 a.m.!) for us. Also, the Shangri-La is in the perfect spot to catch the ferry to Hong Kong and to site see in Kowloon. Even though our room was not facing the waterway, the view was still good and the room was exceptionally quiet. We will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank WaveyJensen
    Reviewed 13 April 2011

We enjoyed 3 days at this great hotel, we took the upgrade and it was certaintly worth every cent, the Horzion Club was wonderful overlooking the port and the breakfast and the cocktail hour from 6 to 8pm was great, the food, service and the friendly staff made our vacation so great. Thank you

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 13 April 2011

I had to write this Blog quickly to capture my thinking on this subject.

I decided to stay at the Hong Kong Kowloon Shangri-la hotel during the visit to the electronic trade shows. It is a bit more expensive than conventional hotels, but you get what you pay for.

Firstly the high speed internet is free in the rooms. This makes a huge difference as the internet is a vital business tool for me. It would normally cost around $25 per day.

Secondly, breakfasts are included. I have a choice of eating in the lounge, which is quiet and peaceful, or having a "slap-up" breakfast in the dining room. I opt for the quiet breakfast because it is efficient, healthy and requires no effort. In addition to this there is tea and snacks available until 11pm. I use this to sit and type my notes and e-mails in a pleasant comfortable surrounding. There is also a daily Happy Hour with free drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and good snacks. We enjoy this.

Thirdly, I can reserve a fully equipped private conference room for two hours per day; a benefit I use often. As an example, we had a wonderfully productive meeting this evening with a new manufacturing partner. It was enjoyable to get out of the hustle and bustle of the exhibition to spend two hours working on a new product in an atmosphere conducive to cooperative discussion.

And then to top it all; I was feeling a bit under the weather from jetlag and a spot of flu. I asked the lounge manager where I could get some cold medicine. She pointed me in the right direction. So far, so good. I returned to my room, where I took the medicine and settled down to get some work done. After a short while, there was an unexpected knock on my door. There stood an attendant from the lounge with a flask of boiling water, some Camomile tea with honey and fresh lemon. "We wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon!" How's that for service!!

Will I be back? Definitely!!

Room Tip: Get a bay facing room as high as possible.
    • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business