Lowest prices for your stay
£219
Fully refundable before Sat, 16 Mar
No prepayment needed
Hotels.com
£219
Fully refundable before Fri, 15 Mar
6,199 results
All reviews horizon club cafe kool tapas bar shang palace harbour view guest relations victoria harbour lobby lounge fantastic hotel birthday cake chinese restaurant buffet breakfast vivienne kowloon ksl hong amber
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Excellent hotel, very friendly staff. Well located if you are returning/leaving for China by train. Only 50 metres to an MTR entrance. Business facilities & club floor recommended.

I also used the airport limousine service when travelling to the airport, what a hassle free travel & check-in experience.

Room tip: Treat yourself & get a Harbour view room, stunning
1  Thank Andrew A
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Was fortunate enough to book a stay in one of the suites overlooking Victoria Harbor (well worth the extra cost); being a return customer I was greeted by name upon check in, escorted to my suite and upon arrival was provided a box of chocolates, fresh fruit and hot tea. The entire check-in took no more than about 5 minutes. Of course a hotel of this stature is outfitted with all you would expect from a five-star property, but as other reviewers said, the staff make this hotel absolutely outstanding. Bathrooms have everything you need, the beds are quite comfortable and rooms are quiet and nicely appointed. If you can request to have your stay include the breakfast in Cafe Kool be sure to do so - the food is fresh, beautifully prepared and with a huge variety I had something different every morning for five days.

Location is terrific - an MTR stop is steps away, and there is plenty to walk to for shopping and dining.

Room tip: The suites come with access to Horizon Club - well worth it, whether your trip is pleasure or business. There is a complete business center on the 20th floor and 21st floor has a lovely light breakfast, snacks throughout the day and evening appetizers and a wide array of beverages. The view makes it even all the better. Always easy to get a table and service was tip top.
2  Thank CAChickadee1
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My family and I stayed for two nights in this hotel just last week. Hotel is nice but not as good as other Shangri-la properties.
-We arrived at 1400hrs; room is not yet ready... we got our keys at 1600hrs and was given a late check out until 1600hrs. Fair Enough...
-We booked for deluxe room, and was informed upon check-in that we were upgraded to the next category; however we found out that we were assigned to a handicapped room.. called the front desk and was offered a room change right away. Receptionist should inform the guest if they will assign a handicapped room to a non handicapped guests.

- Lobby is beautiful but not grand
- Tea was offered immediately when we arrived the room. Very nice!
- Very comfortable bed and pillows
- Welcome Amenity - 2 pieces of red apples.
- Housekeeping staff are all attentive, rooms are clean and bellboys are very helpful.
- Rooms were provided with all the toiletries required for travel.
- Internet is free with good speed

We did not had the chance to try their breakfast but we had buffet lunch at Cafe Kool on our check out date. The food is okay, nothing really special. Selection of meats, seafood, japanese, indian dishes, pasta and chinese. Desserts are good specially their soy pudding! soo yummy! We were total of 7 during lunch, all of us ordered tea and after eating two of us ordered coffee. The staff was so rude and told us 1 person 1 complimentary drink only "Don't order more and more"! My sister requested to heat some crab legs and shrimp from the cold seafood selection & the Indian chef said "If I will do that to one, I need to do it for everybody" This really ruined our stay... the attitude of the staff is not of a 5 star hotel, 4 star or even 1 star. Seems like we were eating in a side walk restaurant in Hong Kong.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank annestravel
KSLGM, General Manager at Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your constructive review. Whilst I was pleased you enjoyed your overall stay, I was most concerned to read your comments about your dining experience in Cafe Kool. I am sorry my colleagues were not more accommodating and flexible and will be addressing this with the Team for immediate improvement. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will be getting in touch with you directly to get further details. Regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this 5 Star Hotel. Hotel & Staff did not fail in their mission. Extremely customer friendly property. Rooms are spacious, bathrooms excellent, and some of the views quite picture worthy. Breakfast meals in the cafe are world cuisine level. Assistant Chefs are everywhere to assist you, Sous Chefs preparing your fresh egg requests, and very attentive table service. Every breakfast brought me fresh ideas for touring, updated Cantonese dialect lessons, and an appreciation for 5 Star service by the staff. Front Desk does everything you might need to better your visit not only to the hotel, but also to Hong Kong. If you need any help while moving about the hotel, you are never more than a few steps from a courteous, helpful, and professional staff member. Thank You Kowloon Shangri-La for making my visit super.

Room tip: Try for a room with a harbor view, or a partial view at least. The nightly 8 pm laser light show of Victoria Harbor will reward your efforts and dollars.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Traveller19842012
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The Kowloon Shangri-La is a very nice and elegant hotel located one block off the harbor in Kowloon. The service is very good and the rooms are roomy and well appointed. The welcome tea basket in my room was a nice touch. I spent two nights there, but not on consecutive nights, so I experienced check in twice. While it took a little longer than I expected the staff was very courteous and helpful. The first night on was on a Horizon floor which gave me a very very spacious room and access to the Horizon club which has a nice breakfast buffet in the morning. The second night I stayed on a regular floor and still had a very spacious room. Many of the corporate "buyers" stay at this hotel, so around dinner time there is a lot of activity in the lobby. I used their car service to and from the Airport. The pick up was excellent. They used a very nice Mercedes and gave us cold towels and an iPad to use with Wifi for our ride to the hotel. On the way back to the airport they had an older Mercedes that was not completely clean.
All in all a nice hotel and one I would recommend.

1  Thank JZPhiladelphia