We had a superb stay at the Shangri-La. The location is second to none and our harbor view room was well worth the upgrade. If you can swing it, I highly recommend this option., We especially liked that the MTR station was only steps from the hotel's front door.
Others have described the beautiful facilities so I wanted to concentrate on the service we received. Our flight to Hong Kong was delayed several hours and we arrived at 2 am. Even at this late hour, within a few moments of checking in, a pot of welcoming green tea was delivered to our room. This and a similar kindness of the staff was evident throughout our stay, and this is really what sets this property apart from others in the area. As an example, the hotel has a spectacular nightly dinner buffet and on our last night we decided to try it. If you like lobster, this is the place for you as they were plentiful and delicious. My companion wasn't very hungry so decided to instead order a la carte from the menu. The manager, Keith, stopped by to see how we were enjoying the meal and noticing that J did not have the buffet, invited him to enjoy the dessert buffet with his compliments. As we were leaving, he thanked us for stopping by and asked if he would see us for breakfast the next morning. We explained that this was our last night and had a very early flight. Keith then offered to have a breakfast box prepared for us to pickup before leaving for the airport at 6 am. This kindness made the difference between a good stay and a great stay, and we saw this caring attitude throughout the hotel.
Check out day was on my birthday, and when we dropped off our keys, the front desk manager presented me with a box of chocolates and a birthday card, hand signed by the hotel management. This graciousness can't be taught but seemed to come naturally to everyone we met in the hotel. Given a choice of where to stay, I can't imagine choosing any other hotel other than the Shangri-La Kowloon during my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong