Our first trip to Hong Kong and we didnt know what to expect of the place and the people, one way of making sure the nights and mornings will be good is to book ShangriLa so I did.
I booked a deluxe room with Bay view, and didn't regret it for a second. The view from the room was spectacular during day and night.
At first i got a room with very noisy aircon, but after a couple of days we were moved to a similar room with a similar view, with a less ecstatic aircon unit.
The front desk is very helpful, and I dont think there was anything they couldn't help us with.
We loved the Tapas bar and the staff there, we had excellent food and drinks and chilled outside for a few drinks too. Talking about chill, they could probably have turned up the heat a bit inside the bar as it was a bit too cold inside to wear shirt, most people sat there in jackets anyway so you won't stick out as a sore thumb wearing your windbreaker.
The lobby was very welcoming and so nicely decorated for christmas, it smelled and looked fresh anytime we came 'home'.
The hotel is perfectly situated right next to a MTR station so you can easily navigate through HK. It is also right in the middle of Kowloon (I believe) with shopping, restaurants and pubs a short walk away.
The gym in the hotel is big with a small pool. The equipment is up to date and you get your towel and water when you get in. Probably one of the better hotel gyms I've used.
I will definitely stay here again when I get back to Hong Kong.
I will give it a average on sleep quality because of the first few nights with the noisy aircon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong