We stayed at this hotel during Chinese New Year. The hotel was exceptionally busy but they had lots of staff and the service was exceptional. So exceptional that we cancelled a 5 star nearby hotel to be able tostay here again on our return through Hong Kong.
I definitely recommend a Horizon Club Room. The added value is excellent with a stress free check in as you are whisked up to the 20th floor. Your luggage disappears to reappear in your room when you get up there. A pot of green tea is waiting your room along with excellent amenities. Top of the line shampoos and lotions with rain head showers. Also a nice size room for Asian standards.
The best part of Horizon club is the 21st floor private restaurant. Breakfast is served from 6 30 - 1030 in the morning with a small alacarte menu or a buffet brunch. The views are amazing but if you want a larger breakfast you can go to Cafe Kool which is also included in the price. Every evening from 6 - 8 30 pm they offer alcoholic beverages (everything you can imagine) and hors doeuvres. A very international mix of items from sushi to soup.
We had also asked for airport shuttle both directions and were greeted both directions by uniformed staff and whisked into waiting limousines, holding fresh towels and free use of their wireless ipads. The limo drivers were extremely knowledgeable about the city events and gave us great tips on watching the parade and fireworks.
We were sad to leave the hotel and the bell boys all stood and waved to us when we left. Just to clarify , we are not VIP's. They were treating everyone this way.
North American hotels can certainly take a page out of Shangri la's book as it was honestly an exceptional hotel. Trust me as I was a travel agent for 25 years.
Thanks again Shangri La - we'll see you next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong